tommijazz91

• Content Count

• Last visited

About tommijazz91

• Birthday 12/19/1991

Profile Information

• Interests
    Music, mountaineering, free climbing, photography.

Recent Profile Visitors

421 profile views
  1. tommijazz91

SE/30 HDD driver/formatting help

Guess I'll do that in the end, it also seems the cleanest and safer way to do it. Thanks!
  2. tommijazz91

I just tried with the patched version, but it sees one partition at a time (the boot partition), and the update button is not available. Moreover, I can’t boot from floppy because the floppy drive is not working well...(it mounts but doesn’t format). Any suggestions?
  3. tommijazz91

Hi everyone. I recently put a LaCie 8gb external HD into my SE/30, added the proper jumper for termination and installed various versione of system 7 in more than one partition (it has 5 partitions). A month ago the HDD didn’t mount on the desktop, but using a Zip drive I somehow managed to install the Silverlining driver (it’s what I had at that time) and it worked! It feels fast even faster than it was before. But now I have a problem: with this new driver, in order to boot from another partition, I have to select it first in the Silverlining app and then with System Picker. Aside from this, it changed the hdd icons on the desktop, added a startup text and nothing more. Is there any way to go back to how it was before without formatting the drive? I also tried Blue Disc Manager, but it was way slower. Thanks.
  4. @ZaneKaminski sign me up for the 8mb as well! Maybe I’m asking too soon, but will it be possible to order it with a pre-installed version of system 7?
  5. tommijazz91

SE/30 internal HDD termination

I managed to find some on eBay and...it worked! Thanks a lot @JRL!
  6. tommijazz91

Thanks, I’ll start looking for those!
  7. tommijazz91

And here I thought a simple change of position would do it . Do I have to source another jumper then? Where can I find it?
  8. tommijazz91

Hello everyone! I have a SE/30 that boots from the internal HDD only if a ZIP drive is connected. I initially thought it may have something to do with bad traces on the motherboard (and still haven't checked since it is not my area of expertise), but then I remembered: the HDD is a Seagate 8GB drive taken from an external Lacie enclosure. Is it possible that I have to terminate it with the switches present on the HDD? I found the manual for the drive but I am unsure on how to proceed. Maybe it has nothing to do with this, but the jumper plug on J2 is set to "term power from drive". Should I set it to "terminator enable", another setting or leave it as it is? Mine is the "N" model. Thanks.
  9. tommijazz91

Network laser printer for old / modern Macs?

It is a very nice project indeed!
  10. tommijazz91

It worked for me in the end - I have a Brother MFC-L2730DW. I didn't think it could print so well. JPG file opened on QuickTime with a SE/30.
  11. tommijazz91

I'm following the same procedure but I cannot do one (probably) simple thing: how do I extract the installer files?
  12. tommijazz91

IIgs keyboard not working at all!

It seems like the best option is take it to someone who can repair traces and solder joints... Thanks a lot!
  13. tommijazz91

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately I don't have much equipment, I only have a voltmeter (if I can find where I put it) and I really don't know anything about electronics. Is it difficult to find a short? I really hoped the keyboard was in working order, but sometimes things don't go as expected...
  14. tommijazz91

Hi everyone! After some time searching for one, I Irecently bought an Apple IIgs keyboard for my SE/30 (the seller lives just 2 km from here, what a coincidence!). It is quite yellowed but the keys are quite nice and not sticky. I plugged it to a SE/30 with a cord taken from a working AEK II but nothing happens. It appears to be totally dead. Either port doesn't seem to work. Am I missing something? Even the PCB doesn't appear to be too terrible. I really wouldn't want to resell it or buy another one - they are too hard to find and import to Italy.
  15. tommijazz91

Asanté MacCon SE/30 clone

I'm also interested! Please count me in for one :)