• Content Count

• Last visited

About maceffects

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

1976 profile views
  1. maceffects

MacEffects Clear Case REVIEW, for SE & SE/30

Here is the link he posted for capacitor list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18X-EN67lQdZ2crCBAlkHrtqCCoJK6cLw_BkIYdlJvgs/edit#gid=0 Here is the link to his video (highly recommended):
  2. maceffects

You may be right, and I've not yet recapped my power supply. I suppose I'll need to re-watch @JDW comprehensive video and make it happen.
  3. maceffects

Exactly, I can't see any harm in coming from it.
  4. maceffects

In most cases the stuff that comes with a glue gun is a sort of generic all purpose glue. It will bond everything but isn't as good as an application specific glue. TECBOND 248 is acrylic based and designed for various applications as well but it does very good at bonding smooth surfaces. I did probably mischaracterize Walmart, they may sell comparable glue.
  5. maceffects

I use TECBOND 248 for both capacitor glue and and for bonding the speaker to the front panel of the Mac SE series. I probably wouldn't use the cheap stuff that comes with a gun or from Walmart. That said it would probably still work.
  6. maceffects

Another member removed the exterior Aquadag on the CRT leaving it very shiny and silver. Apparently there were no ill effects. I think he used Isopropyl alcohol with rag to remove. I’ve not tried that but the result did look stunning.
  7. maceffects

DON’T TALK TO ME OR MY SON EVER AGAIN

Wonderful! I love seeing all the right things come together to make something happen. I'm glad to be a small part. I am really fond of the 5x0 series as I used those in school when they were new to write papers and print to ImageWriters. They are really great, but now temperamental machines. And sadly the plastics are all brittle. I'd venture to make new ones but no way I could raise the needed $60,000+. The value of such machines will continue to rise.
  8. maceffects

Any interest in 16MB Mac IIFX memory modules?

I'm thinking I might be interested in 8 of them. I don't have the IIfx but it might be nice for one day...
  9. maceffects

Hastily designed VGA adapter for Mac Plus

I'm always so eager to give you my money
  10. This is the best I have in my collection of schematics. This is probably the one you have. I don't recall seeing a Bormarc SE but I could (hopefully) be wrong.
  11. @Kai Robinson if you really get this going and need SIMM sockets, let me know I have maybe 50-60 (same as original which uses 2 SIMMS) therefore you only need 2 per board. This are better because they use metal clips compared to the early version. The custom chips are really going to be the hard part. If that can be achieved in a someway this will be much smoother. Let me know if I can be of help.
  12. I can't speak for anyone else, but this sounds very exciting! Where would such schematics be? I have the Inside Macintosh books which I think are online with PDFs as well. I don't recall seeing them in there, but I have tons of hardware books of that era.
  13. @ZaneKaminski I'd love to purchase at least a couple of the 8mb ROMs when you have them finished.
  14. maceffects

Need help desoldering SE/30 RAM SIMM connectors

It's been awhile since I've done any SIMM connectors, but I remember them being tricky. I have a Hakko FR-301 de-soldering gun you are welcome to borrow. I've found it to be a major life saver, specifically with stubborn pins. Otherwise adding fresh solder and flux should do the trick. Perhaps pre-heating the board might help as well. A larger tip and higher temp might also help heat up the surround area but need to keep dwell time to a minimum. Kind of brainstorming at the moment.
  15. It can be a good clue, but more information is needed to confirm. A look inside the machine should reveal if it is as well as S/N.