360alaska

• Content Count

• Last visited

Everything posted by 360alaska

1. So here’s a thought, During my work on my Powerbook 100 battery, I was trying to find a suitable hard drive replacement as the Conner 20mb hard drive was clearly on last legs. I first looked to Inertial Computing who did not have any SCSI2SdD Powerbook variations in stock. Second, I looked to Codesrc who apparently does not ship to the US. Lastly, I looked to and ordered from ARTMIX who sells a clone of the SCSI2SD. I ordered it on August 6th and while it does appear they shipped it, it seems to have been lost in the mail. So I continued to limp along the 20mb hard drive which seems to do okay when it works. If you look on Ebay, people are selling 2.5” 50-pin scsi drives for 40,60,80, even 100$. This is crazy! So I think I have a solution, I was browsing Inertial Computing’s website and SCSI2SD v5.5 aka the DB25 version seem to be aplenty. The SCSI2SD v5.5 is the smallest SCSI model yet and fits perfectly within the size limitations of the 2.5 hard drive, so I have designed an adapter. While I can claim success of the concept, unfortunately I reversed the DB25 connector on the PCB so I have a revision on order. But hey it works! I successfully, installed and booted to 7.1, as well as did a quick benchmark:
  2. There is an early and later/ low rfi version. Out of all of my machines I've only encountered 1 or 2 of the older type.
  3. 360alaska

Performa 631 Compatible IDE to CF Adapter

I have a 32gb sata ssd in mine with a convertor. Works like a charm. CF to IDE adapters simply don't work on Performa 630 type machines.
  4. 360alaska

LC 630 DOS-Compatible "Adapter Board"

If I'm not mistaken, LC 580 boards have both. I wrote a thread about adding a dos board to my LC580.
  5. 360alaska

Classic II Startup Chime

Does sound work at all?
  6. I didn't see the analog board in that link so here it is: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_Xp3uN-BcxsQjFLRUZqeEw2VFE Look in the other copies folder.
  7. 360alaska

Walkmac

This?
  8. 360alaska

Using SCSI2SD v5.5 in a Powerbook

Here is the final Design:
  9. 360alaska

So the original 40mb hard drive is 101.7 x 70.1 x 18 and the SCSI2SD and adapter is 99.5 x 55.1 x 17.1 (with the cover on the scsi2sd). I have also designed a caddy of sorts with the correct mounting holes:
  10. Thank you for your encouragement! There was a bit of trial and error and research involved. I'm going to try and use the other half of the comparitor to release the relay when both charging ICs signal complete.
  11. Hello all, I'm trying to design a battery to replace the original lead acid with Lithium polymer. with inspiration from this article: https://learn.adafruit.com/multi-cell-lipo-charging/fast-multi-cell-charger Here is my design so far: For the 5v regulator we'll use a self contained switching unit: http://www.newark.com/tracopower/tsr-1-2450/dc-dc-converter-non-iso-pol-1/dp/08R5932 The charge controller circuit will be the same as this: https://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Prototyping/SparkFun_Lipo_Charger_Basic-microUSB_v10.pdf Basically, this guy will connect the batteries through a relay for operation and split them for individual charging. A 1n4001 diode prevents charging of the batteries in series and also drops the voltage to a level that won't hurt the Powerbook. For safety purposes, each Lipo battery will be equipped with a Battery management board in case of a failure and to prevent over-discharging. A comparator circuit will switch the batteries into charge mode whenever the combined voltage of the batteries is less than that of a plugged in power adapter(around 40-70% charge):
  12. 360alaska

It will be smaller than a hard drive, I can probably design and 3d print a mounting solution. Anyhow, the new board comes tomorrow so expect an update then.
  13. 360alaska

If you take the scsi2sd out of it’s case, it and the adapter should fit in any scsi powerbook.
  14. 360alaska

Just purchased M5126 HELP

Digikey or EBay is probably your best bet.
  15. 360alaska

3D-Printed Objects

Hello all, I Just wanted to start a thread for all of the 3D printed items I've designed for Macs. I can make these items for members but this is not a for sale post, this post is just so people with printers can print these items. Your Items are welcome also. 1. Portable Battery portabattery.zip 2. Portable Foot portafoot.zip
  16. 360alaska

LOL yeah, those powerbook scsi2sd cards have become unobtainium.
  17. 360alaska

You must not have read the full thread.
  18. 360alaska

New 3D-printed parts (ktkm)

There's nothing I'm working on 3d wise at the moment. What else are you interested in creating?
  19. 360alaska

We’ll be excellent for clearance with the new version with the correct db25 orientation.
  20. 360alaska

New 3D-printed parts (ktkm)

We have a thread already: I also made a good bezel for the Q950.
  21. 360alaska

Well, the schematics are available: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_Xp3uN-BcxsQjFLRUZqeEw2VFE?usp=sharing But mostly if I suspect a bad trace I'll uncover both ends by gently scraping or sanding the surface to reveal the copper and then test continuity. But I'd suggest waiting for your caps and then checking it after. You'll also need working battery for it to boot.
  22. 360alaska

Actually, Those are probably mostly okay. But mostly okay is like mostly peaceful, you're probably going to have at least problem trace. I suggest to go ahead and recap it and see if it works, it may in fact work. Who knows? Case in point, I had a SE/30 board I bought on ebay that wouldn't boot because one trace was open by the width of a human hair.
  23. I guess so and thank you for that! It's nice to get some funding for research!
  24. Exactly! This is the only way I know how to make it work, but for a computer model that has not had any working batteries for sale in quite a while it's probably not a big deal to have to shut down before disconnecting, if you don't it's not like the computer is damaged or anything. Maybe I can use a small supercap, but how would I isolate it from the comparitor? I've thought about connecting an AND gate to the Status pins on each charger so the relay will open when both chargers give the signal but this battery is good enough.
  25. It's not that simple, There simply is not enough voltage to charge the pack as a 2S so the relay switches the battery between 2S and 2x 1S for charging purposes. During operation cell 1's negative is connected to cell 2's positive but during charging cell 1's negative is connect to ground and cell 2's positive is only connected to the charger. The relay is connect to a comparitor which compares battery voltage to the voltage of the charge and energizes the relay whenever the charger is connected.