• Content Count

• Last visited

Everything posted by EmmyOcelot

1. EmmyOcelot

Emmy's Dream Machine

This fella came in yesterday. Let’s give it a spin
  2. EmmyOcelot

Emmy's Dream Machine

After selling my 610. I was determined to get a machine to run A/UX 3.1 get up and running. Well, few hours later I found this guy for a real steal and got it yesterday. One install and some ram configuration later, this Quadra is a screamer! Hope to find a good nubus graphics card for it to make it perfect. If anyone has ideas of cards I should look at please let me know.
  3. EmmyOcelot

GCC on A/UX?

Figure i'd ask here since I have A/UX on a quadra, Has anyone gotten gcc (GNU C compiler) fully installed and setup on A/UX? If so, please tell me how you did it. I'd like to add some other newer GNU stuff like sudo or bash but they require gcc to compile them. It's been quite some fun trying to get it to work. So many lost CD-R discs trying to get this to work. Any ideas or help appreaciated!
  4. EmmyOcelot

Emmy's Dream Machine

Our thrift stores here in the north Florida are have been pretty decent in mid 2000s parts. Haven’t gone in for a hot minute so hopefully when I do, I can grab an new one.
  5. EmmyOcelot

GCC on A/UX?

Great to know! If I can help in any way to port GCC 10. Let me know as it would be realllllly useful!
  6. EmmyOcelot

GCC on A/UX?

Ah, nice to know. Thanks again!
  7. EmmyOcelot

Emmy's Dream Machine

This may be a near future purchase for me. A/UX works, but the thrift stores near me have some “nicer” old monitors. I’ll most likely then look at some of them so I can enjoy the experience a little more. If not, I may go with the an Extron Scaler. I’ll tell you though, trying to setup gcc so I can compile other programs like sudo or bash is quite the joyride. The Supermac Card comes in a week so I’ll hopefully have pictures of it running soon. Edit: CRT monitors are great for that “authentic” experience but I’ll take a LCD for terminal viewing!
  8. EmmyOcelot

Emmy's Dream Machine

Hmmm. Didn’t know that. Thanks for letting me know!
  9. EmmyOcelot

Emmy's Dream Machine

Yep. Dug a little deeper and found out that my wonderfully ancient Acer monitor can’t do 1152*870. Plus the onboard graphics can’t show millions at the resolution. $26 was nice grab and I’ll hopefully have it next week.
  10. EmmyOcelot

Emmy's Dream Machine

This is what I had my eyes set on. It’s Better than 800*600 https://www.ebay.com/itm/SuperMac-Spectrum-24-Series-III-Nubus-video-card-for-Macintosh-II-Quadra/184402219381
  11. EmmyOcelot

Quadra 650 caps

Hey everyone! I recently got a hold of a Quadra 650 and need to change its caps asap. Does anyone know which caps are needed for it? I'm going with tantalum caps but cant seem to find any reference on what voltage or capacitance they need to be.
  12. EmmyOcelot

Quadra 650 caps

Oh score! I didn’t know after dealing with much trouble with a Quadra 610.
  13. EmmyOcelot

Quadra 610 SCSI fun

Hello everyone I need some help as to what could be going on. I have been working on a Quadra 610 that can boot from floppy but downright refuses to show the cd drive (AppleCD 300 Plus) or the the hard disk (IBM-H3171-S2) Here's what (I think) I know: I don't believe that it's a matter of the SCSI order as the cd and hard disk are set to different id numbers. I don't think the board is bad since I don't see any corrosion on the board So I have a few questions: Could something be dead? How could I test the SCSI drives without an OS? What should I do? I can send pictures if needed to help out. Thanks in advance
  14. EmmyOcelot

Quadra 610 SCSI fun

Found a working cable, no dice. Still have no drives.
  15. EmmyOcelot

Quadra 610 SCSI fun

I’ll give that a shot. I have a second scsi cable so let’s see what happens
  16. EmmyOcelot

Quadra 610 SCSI fun

Florida. Also wow had no idea the resistance would matter to that degree.
  17. EmmyOcelot

Quadra 610 SCSI fun

I just tested them and they're around 8 MΩ. uxcell doesn't have them listed either. I don’t use the multimeter a lot so please tell me if I really mess up on that. I've got the amazon link here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N412RLW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  18. EmmyOcelot

Quadra 610 SCSI fun

I used 16v 47μf caps for all of them
  19. EmmyOcelot

Recap gone right?

Howdy everyone! A while ago I got recommended the advice to recap my Q610. Well, today was the day and I finally did it....only to not be sure if I have them on the right way. Can someone confirm I have soldered them on the right way? Last thing I want is for them to snap crackle pop....
  20. EmmyOcelot

Quadra 610 SCSI fun

Alright, round 2! Bit of an update: After much time and sparks, the Q610 is recapped. After following the idea of cleaning the cap areas and setting the termination jumpers correctly (HDD=0, CD = 3), i'm still stuck. No drives show and scsiprobe show the bus still as not terminated. Can anyone guide me as to what I should do? If pictures are needed, I'll send some
  21. EmmyOcelot

Recap gone right?

Yeah. That did it. Still am having issues with SCSI though. Good news is that it boots and doesn't catch on fire. Now to find out why the SCSI doesn't work.
  22. EmmyOcelot

Recap gone right?

So I just redid that capacitor (thank god there was still some of the pad left) and while it doesn’t blow up, I get no boot up chime or activity from the floppy drive. Where should I begin to look next?
  23. EmmyOcelot

Recap gone right?

Could the one cap kill the board? I'm still going to swap it out tomorrow.
  24. EmmyOcelot

Recap gone right?

Well....just goes to show. Check the polarity of all caps.
  25. EmmyOcelot

Recap gone right?

Oh thank goodness! I really thought I was going to have to reverse them.