All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. gijsmans

SCSI2SSD for Macintosh Portable?

How about connecting a Floppy Emu to the second floppy connector? Simple and flexible.
  3. desertrout

Portable / Powerbook SWIMs

Yeah I can't imagine it'd be anything else (floppy drives are floppy drives), and probably less of an issue for the Portables than for the PB's. Anyway, a seller on eBay is offering 343S0061-A's for $10 (or make an offer, which I did), so one's on the way. I'll update once it's in.
  4. Good morning, My apologies for the delay posting this. The site was, indeed, down for a few hours yesterday, from around 5:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. (GMT -7/ Arizona time) The electricity in the region our site is hosted in had been turned off in response to a local wildfire. As always, thank you for your patience on these kinds of things! Best, Cory W.
  5. blusnowkitty

Resurrecting a few 128k/512k boards

I ended up paying about that much per 4164 off eBay to get my 128k going.
  6. https://macintoshgarden.org/apps/setdate-rob-braun-avoid-year-2020-bug-in-system-6-7-8
  7. Trash80toHP_Mini

Corroded Chip

Looked at the pic full size and I think you're right about the KBD protector. Nobody's mentioned running the boards through a dishwasher (no soap) for cleaning. Your computer preservation budget should probably include a sonic cleaner tank made specifically for the task, if not I'd buy a beat up used dishwasher dedicated to cleaning that kind of industrial crud!
  8. LaPorta

Resurrecting a few 128k/512k boards

I thought this might do the job, it’s just a bit pricy I thought (with no frame of reference): https://www.jameco.com/z/4164-150-Major-Brands-64KX1-DIP-16-DRAM-150NS_41662.html
  9. Today
  10. Phipli

Corroded Chip

Awesome to see such old machines still in a production environment. Regarding the contamination on the CPU - looks like residue from a heatsink someone added. Was probably because of that hot environment you mentioned. Thanks for keeping them alive
  11. Torbar

Corroded Chip

It almost looks like that AEK does have a clear cover over it.(like, the area between the F12 and F13 key) Or just a nice thick layer of grase/warped plastic from over the years (no to say having a backup plan is a bad idea or anything)
  12. Does someone have a 3D model for scsi2sd PowerBook edition adapter to 2.5” frame?
  13. Trash80toHP_Mini

Corroded Chip

A picture is worth a thousand words IRL for most folks, but in your case that increases by an order of magnitude. Is that Hardi Panel sheet covering that booth? I come from the world of late 80s - early 2,000s use of dongled software and proprietary interface cards for CAD-CAM in signmaking. I'm more interested in the fact that you're still buying production equipment for that production environment! I take it your production software was never made PowerPC compatible? If it had been, I'd suggest looking first gen NuBus PPC machines for future use. Rock on! edit: second thought, BMOW has developed the USB Wombat for converting modern KBDs to ADB for your Macs. Buy a few of those and replace the ADB KBDs with current boards hardened for industrial use or far less expensive consumer KBDs for which you can stockpile clear vinyl(?) KBD protectors to seal out the oil, grime and dust.
  14. techknight

Replacing the foam on an HP scanner

Ooooo I knew this was going to be a problem, Eventually. I got rid of all my scanners years ago. Shipping foam maybe, but trying to get it cut exactly flat would be an issue.
  15. techknight

I am going to assume its probably power consumption related.
  16. cheesestraws

attachments

17. erichelgeson

Color Classic Restore

Thanks everyone, up and running with the new HDD and caps. Will do some "burn in" to make sure everything is ok before cleaning it up and putting it back together. Kids will be happy to draw(in color!) and play some color Oregon Trail tonight
  18. desertrout

LOL - I suppose that's all that matters ultimately. If it works, it works. Still, even if it's ultimately trivial, there was an intentional choice to put 344/343S0061-1/A in desktops, and 344/343S1029-A in laptops. I'm not going to lose sleep over it... probably.
  19. cheesestraws

Color Classic Restore

Yup, just drop it in the System Folder and reboot.
  20. erichelgeson

Color Classic Restore

Found 401 - never used these enablers before so I think I'm on the right track. Got Disk Tools to boot now, formatting HDD. I assume I'll have to manually install 401 after the install completes?
  21. LaPorta

Color Classic Restore

Or I can just send you 401 and you can put it in your startup disk system folder.
  22. That's my thought as well. Once I pop in a new one, I guess we'll see what happens.
  23. techknight

Who knows. All I know is ive tried to use them interchangeably, and I have not had any ill-effects.
  24. desertrout

Interesting, and awesome - thanks! I'll source a donor board. I'd be very curious to know the differences between the PN's.
  25. cheesestraws

Color Classic Restore

You need System Enabler 401. I have a set of 7.1 DiskCopy images for the Colour Classic, but they are 1. British English and 2. I think missing a disc? (I think the printing one, perhaps). I can dig those out for you if you don't find a better option.
  26. techknight

MacEffects Clear Case REVIEW, for SE & SE/30

Yea, it forms the other "plate" of the capacitor. The glass tube itself being the dielectric.
  1. Load more activity