travistouchdown

Major Score! 8600 with Sonnet CPU, 3DFX card, Etc

On 1/25/2020 at 8:40 PM, NJRoadfan said:

No dice on finding the card. It must have went with the 8600 when it was disposed of.

Hey thanks for looking!

Tried to Install 9.2.1 with OS9 helper, but no dice, got the old "The version of Mac OS can not be installed over the localized version of Mac OS on the Disk named "Ricks HDD".     Please choose a different destination disk, or perform a clean installation."

Pain in the rear!  Tried disabling extensions and restarting, tried all different languages, International English, Australia, England.   Any ideas? 

That almost sounds like you're trying to install an International English update on top of a North American installation, or vice versa.  The only time I've seen that localization message was when I was using SheepShaver and didn't realize that there was a difference between the two.

I read that much and think this might be the case... the updaters available on Macintosh Garden seem to be International English.

Anyone who were i can find 9.2.1 and .2 North American updaters? 

Found the US English updaters on Macintosh repository.

With the assistance of OS9 helper, updated to 9.2.1, did the old world rom firewire patch, and then updated to 9.2.2.  We are current o OS9!! 

Fun stuff....only took me most of the afternoon in between work items. lol