LaPorta

Apple IIc Flat Panel

I don't have one but not for a lack of trying. When I've seen them on eBay, they've been at unobtainium pricing.

I think someone on this forum has one though. I vaguely recall someone mentioning it but I can't find the thread.

Seems like it would be convenient to have especially if you want to use your IIc as a portable computer.

I don't but as far i have been told, image quality was pretty poor and almost impossible to use in direct sunlight.

Apart from the Apple badge, no real interest, better screens of the same overall dimensions can be found for cheap today.

On 11/19/2019 at 11:42 PM, LaPorta said:

Does anyone have one of these? I am curious, I have never seen one. 

Great pic in the Wikipedia article of the LCD.  Apple_IIc-Add-on_accessories

Just pulled up an old thread with some nice pics of the setup that I snagged many years back. @ktkm visited a couple of days ago, he printed the main panels of of a general use riff of the IIc panel and he's still active.

Problem with using a current LCD would be the adapter box on the back of the IIc? How flexible are the "TV"controller board inputs for LCDs in the PiVerse? Double-High-Resolution at 560x192 (16 colors) would be incredible if they can scale it to fit. Haven't worked out the aspect ratio, but that's where I'd start looking to do a repro/remake version of the LCD.

Is there a card for the Apple II out there to do VGA type resolutions? Hot wiring one of those into a repro/remake of the box on the back of the IIc would simply kill?

I just replied to @olePigeon my own old thread instead of this one by mistake.Apple IIc VGA and related peripheral hacking silliness.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

RamWorks looks a bit long, got pics of the other and the measurements of both?

Now thinking about replacing the FDD with VGA adapter and SD/Somethingorother2somethingorother with that media slot pointing out the FDD slot. Right about this point my long gone Laser128 is looking even better as compared to the IIc than it was in the day. [}:)]

________________________________________________________________________________________________

ktkm just added his of his setup

Edited 17 minutes ago by Trash80toHP_Mini

i have been using a small 9" LCD TV set for a couple of months with success, great image and portability if required.

This is the kind of TVs sold for outdoor use, are pretty cheap today as they are pretty useless for most applications, but great for hooking to our machines.

have not tested with a IIc (don't have any at the time) but  working great with the rest of the II range.

tv.jpg