• Thanks for the details. When I uploaded last images, it went high and I uploaded it without worrying about the details.  However, this made the yoke adjustment once again, and the N/S and E/W adjustments made it even better. The E/W amplifier with the rightmost cylindrical coil wound has little effect, so I haven't played around with it so far. thanks for tell me. BTW,  If you have time, please read my blog is a link above. I have been back in this world for the first time in 20 years. After all it is a fun world...  
    • Dang, sorry about the missing MICAH, but way cool sticker and fan hack (part of the conversion?) to have in the new collection. Nice haul overall, any ZFP case is well worth having if only to raise your SE to a more ergonomic height.   And welcome aboard!
    • Yup.  But now that I'm using a newer GEMDOS than the initial demo, there is FAT16 support, allegedly, controlled by a flag on the BPB of the drive.  So I might try setting that flag and seeing if it works.  That will at least get me to a reasonable volume size, certainly more than reasonable by '80s GEM standards...   It's probably going to be easier to do it in the BIOS—I already have @stepleton's lisa_profile_io library (stylistically massacred to assemble with the ancient assembler, but programmatically intact) linked into the BIOS, so it would make sense to use that as a basis for this, too.  I think squeezing anything else into the bootloader would mean sacrificing the fish, and I like the fish.   This was going to be my first stop, definitely
    • did somebody say VIA addresses? For your reference: https://github.com/stepleton/lisa_io/blob/master/lisa_profile_io.x68#L149
    • Might be interesting to replace that FAT12 with something that supports more than 8.3, not just larger volumes - but yeah, that's going to be insanely hard and you'll have to change a lot of the underlying CP/M code, etc. as well as the GEMDOS side and certainly the apps too. FAT32 is likely going to be an insane effort because it's a hack where a file takes up as many 8.3 file entries on top of the original as it would take to store the name.   Oh well.  But yeah, you'll likely want to create a for-loop that passes VIA addresses one by one for each of the 7 possible locations, trap on segfaults, and if you successfully read block 0xffffff and get proper block sizes from the drive instead of an error, you can make use of that drive. This probably can happen during the boot loader if you can grow it by a bit, or possibly as part of the BIOS when it is initialized.