• Thanks trag!   The interesting thing about the G4s was that if a new G4 with L2 cache was attached to a new CPU board it would treat the former L2 as L3 cache.  I was hoping that was the case with the G3s.
    • Vague warning that the 128ke is not a great setup - as I recall the 128k ROM loads HFS into RAM, or something, eating up precious kilobytes?
    • Link to original thread's down. Out of curiosity, how does the Snail's speed compare to Asante Cards on the 030 PDS? If I could manage the build, I'd probably get one for my SE that's chock full of Radius cards just to get it a Wifi antenna on the breakout board up and running.
    • Got the Sony Test betas running on the 512!  

The “Steve sez...” dialog boxes in version 7 are just beyond cool!
    • Cool beans, just thought I should stick my nose in about it in case it might be helpful. Still curious about any difference there might be in thickness between gold plated vs  whatever the silver stuff might be?   Is the difference in thickness really a mechanical problem the contacts or might it be in the retaining seat/clip interface? Offhand I'd think it was topside if rubber bands, clips and such solve the problem? Such would be a mechanical fix topside, no? So I'm wondering about it from both sides ()top to bottom) of the problem as I'm not convinced it's the contact thickness at the root of the problem? Forgot to mention that part.