• Some time ago already I had the chance to get my hands on a Radius-made Nubus adapter for the IIsi. (thanks again to @maceffects) We discovered that this one actually works in the SE/30 so we reverse engineered it. The only technical drawback using this design is that Nubus cards will run at 8MHz in the SE/30 instead of 10MHz that it should be running at. Most cards I tested did not care about that though.   Space constraints inside the SE/30 impose a few more drawbacks when it comes to using the cards internally:     -HDD has to be moved out of its original spot -one mounting tab on the chassis has to be bend out of the way, because the solder points for the Nubus socket would be getting in the way -no 12" cards (obvioulsy) -access slot does not line up 100% but should be ok for most cards   Good things: -enough space between Nubus card and floppy drive for a SCSI2SD -enough space for IIci accelerator slot as well as another PDS passthrough     What are everyones thoughts? Better make it an external Nubus breakout-box kind of thing and just run the bare Nubus signals through a (as short as possible) IDC cable to an external box with a separate power supply? It should be possible to modify the design to use all 3 existing slot IDs which would open up the possibility for three Nubus cards in a box.
    • LEM doesn't know it's alive sometimes. Their whole schtick about how bad the 6200 series was, and still is, just a load of BS. Of course it wasn't great, it was low end, but even the 6200 had 256K L2 cache.
    • i have been using thick wire here, pushing it through the via hole, so far so good.
    • Can be, but commonly with bad ram you got garbage on screen.
    • While researching battery utilities for my Li-Ion thread, I ran across a very old duo FAQ (from 04/18/94) that referenced a nifty utility called "Power Click". Despite what I've read elsewhere, the Duo's mouse buttons are wired separately!   <blockquote> * PowerClick: A neat shareware extension by Daniel Segel (daniels@netcom.com) available by ftp at sumex-aim.stanford.edu as /info-mac/gui/power-click-101.hqx on mac.archive.umich.edu as /mac/system.extensions/cdev/powerclick1.0.1.cpt.hqx. Did you know that the mouse buttons on your Duo are wired separately? Not true for other powerbooks, this feature offers the potential of having the two buttons do different functions. Daniel's code lets you set either button to do a single click, click lock, double click, or nothing. Setting the bottom button to nothing is a very useful option for those of us who use our Duo's in our lap, say lying back in the sofa. I don't know how many times the weight of my Duo has accidentally clicked the lower button. (Note: not to be confused with "Powerclicks 2.0" - with an "s" - which is an entirely different program) </blockquote>   Maybe this is common knowledge, but I couldn't find any posts on the subject. I tracked down a copy (link below) and can confirm it works famously! My upper button is now click and hold

ftp://ftp.uni-potsdam.de/pub/systems/mac/Configuration/power-click-102.hqx