• Progress...   I took the keyboard apart and found an interesting hack. The '*' key's stem was broken off, the keycap sitting in the broken switch with cleverly bent pins glued to the keycap keeping it there, a spring making the key feel like it worked but of course it did not! I did not have a spare salmon Alps switch but I did have a spare white one so easily fixed.   I designed and printed a plastic mount for the 5G SCSI HD I had in a drawer. The original drive works, the big drive will be faster. I am not sure if what came with the machine is original or not but the two mounting holes do not line up properly with the holes in the HD at all. The steel has a different look to it than all the other steel parts inside. A number stamped on the bottom is "805-5066-08". Right number, but ugly.   Also 3D printed a programmer's switch. They are not that expensive but shipping anything from USA to Australia right now, unless it is by expensive courier, takes about 10 weeks.   Then the Mouser order arrived and I replaced every electrolytic cap on the logic board, analog board and in the Astec power supply. Mac is happy, clean and the CRT display is rock solid.   Next I went to plug in my monitor to see just what the Radius card can do on a 21" CRT with my new HD15-15 adapter... and found that I bought the wrong adapter. I got HD15M to 15F, not HF15F to 15M. So if I ever need to plug an old Mac monitor into an old PC I'm sorted, but now I have to wait for my new, new HD15-15 adapter.  
    • @Trash80toHP_Mini  Not quite yet.  I do have three arcades:  Joust, Centipede, and Defender.  Pinballs are expensive and difficult to repair unless you know what you're doing.
    • I dont think freedos will work. I do not own a CD drive for my q950, and freedos requires either a cd drive or a way to mount the iso within the mac os for it to install. I got it booted using their floppy image, but I think after it formats its looking for the cd image, and it aborts the install since its not there.
    • Great stuff - very interested in the results of your testing!