• I don't know about converting video formats but will mention that some of the video cards use Xilinx FPGAs which are configured by their driver.   In other words the FPGA doesn't know what it's doing logically, until the driver loads and downloads a bit stream to the FPGA on the video card.
    • Yeah, if the AVR internally generated RC oscillator is at least as good as Raspberry Pi's small, 19.2MHz crystal, you can easily get ahead/behind by 15 minutes a month, versus 1 minute a month or less with a good stable 32.768kHz crystal.  With NTP time sync, you really don't notice, but if you want good old retro time keeping, a design without a good 32.768kHz crystal in the loop leaves much to be wished for.   Also, another note I should point out, the internal load capacitance of the ATTiny85 when using a 32.768kHz crystal for the system clock invalidates the external capacitor selection of 10pF and 33pF, so the crystal connection cannot be used as a drop-in replacement also for this reason.
    • Just trying to run the included X11R6 or X11R5 on the Mac. Before trying to do anything too heavy with MachTen I'm going to get some more RAM for this thing anyway (or use my Quadra 610 when I can get to it next).
    • That’s exactly what I was thinking. Any damaged display cables I’ve seen resulted in very different forms of visual artifacting compared to what I’m seeing on the 180c   Thanks for chiming in, makes me feel better. I wasn’t keen on trying to find a display cable; 180c specific parts like that aren’t easy to come by
    • I've had Professional MachTen X11 work on loaded IICX and IICIs with 128 MB of ram.  I *think* eXodus will run with more constrained memory (8-10 MB) and you get X11R6 instead of the X11R5.  Are you trying to build X11 applications in MachTen or just to export another display to your Mac?