beachycove

New pds adapter for SE/30?

The same seller who markets the power monster scsi-cf cards for powerbooks appears to have come up with something special for the SE/30:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Stratos-SE-30-Dual-Slot-PDS-Accelerator-adapter-New_W0QQitemZ300289176754QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item300289176754&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

And once again, they're not cheap.

Notice the list of incompatabilities bewteen cards he lists.

Or the inverse. The adapter is very compatible with many SE/30 accelerators and video cards and ethernet cards. The card does not work with the Turbo 601, alas, but I am still waiting to hear about other cards that do work.

It is a pricey product, and I might bite when the UK exchange rate is more favourable. The same vendor sells PSUs and other gubbins for the SE/30 which you might make for yourself, but the PDS adapter is much more challenging.

Alas... so close, yet so far :(

It's too pricy for my taste; might as well use the money and save up to buy a Micron Exceed when one shows up. (that is, if one ever does)

I know somebody who has the complete xceed grayscale setup if you want to spend $400 on it.

Or the inverse. The adapter is very compatible with many SE/30 accelerators and video cards and ethernet cards. The card does not work with the Turbo 601, alas, but I am still waiting to hear about other cards that do work.

You are out of luck. Look here