Sign in to follow this  
luddite

And The Winners Are...

It was really tough picking winners, especially since many entrants qualified for multiple categories... not to mention the judges complete lack of consensus. Anyway, without further ado:

[drumroll]

• Programming: This was the toughest category to judge, but PrintStar's efforts with The DEC Rainbow 100 were thoroughly entertaining. Bonus points for the most obscure and least glamourous platform.

Creative: Mycroft wins again with his belly-dance drumming tutorial put together and hosted on a vintage PowerBook.

Endurance: Scott Baret took this category by whipping up an entire novel on his failing Mac Plus.

Hardware: Oldbitcollector's Commodore 64 game controller hacks were thoroughly inspiring.

The four first place winners will receive an official RetroChallenge mouse pad... everyone else gets a well-deserved pat on the back!

Woot! Glad to see it all wrapped up. Congrats to the 4 winners!

BTW Luddite, can we see what the mousepads look like, for those who didn't win?

Oh yeah, I should say I don't mind not getting the neat 'pad: I'm getting an Apple IIc+ this weekend! :D

Congrats to the winners. The mouse-pad looks nice. I have to say, I think PrintStar and Pukka should have been co-winners of the programming category and split the mouse-pad.

I think PrintStar and Pukka should have been co-winners of the programming category and split the mouse-pad.

Surely a timeshare would be more practical ;-)

Lol

On a serious note, it's a nice but expensive mouse-pad... How much of the proceeds does RetroChallenge get? I'd like to support RC, and need a mouse-pad.

Lol

On a serious note, it's a nice but expensive mouse-pad... How much of the proceeds does RetroChallenge get? I'd like to support RC, and need a mouse-pad.

RetroChallenge gets $4 from every sale... cafepress's base prices are quite high, but I haven't found a better option yet.