arfink

BBS terminal types?

I noticed that the BBS seems to support multiple terminal types. What types, other than vt100, are supported?

Specifically, is there Tandy 100 or Tandy 102 support? If so I'd really like to use that instead of my clunky vt100 emulation, which only lets me look at 1/6 of the screen at one time.

Thanks!

Umm... I know people have gotten all tied up about the retrochallenge around here (and that's good) but in order to participate without a heap of hassle I kinda would like an answer to my question: does anyone know (BBS Sysop?) what kids of terminals the BBS can deal with other than the default VT100? Is there support for limited display sizes?

If changing things is an option, I would recommend taking a lead from the guys running StarTTY and let users choose their columns and rows size for their account.

Well, I am referring specifically to the RetroChallenge BBS. I noticed a menu where you could type in a different terminal type than VT100- what other things can be typed in there for different terminal types?

i did notice that you posted on the BBS and also noticed that lorance (sysop) didnt post back.

he has been mighty busy over the last couple of months, but has been posting again that last week or so.

can i suggest that you log on and email him from the board?

VT-100 should basically get you around in the ANSI world, just minus the graphics.

Been a while since I tried looking for a good term program for the model 100. I think the last time I did I used the basic one built into the Model 100, got on a BBS, telneted to a Lynx website and then got on a chat room on a website. :D It was very very crude. (This coming from my experience on the Atari 800 that at least has a ANSI graphics term program or two and 80 columns versus the Model 100 which was a 10 by 40 screen and ASCII text... yuck!)

Hmmm... here is one list of term programs and BBS programs for the Tandy 100 I found in a 5 minute search...

http://www.club100.org/library/libtel.html