• You still need some fast 68 pin wide drives to saturate the bus (or a pair of them striped).  
    • Two years ago I got a mint boxed IIGS setup (ROM 3 with monitor/1x of each drive) with a large amount of boxed software for $250 (IIc system was included as well). I've been incredibly lazy about setting it up properly unfortunately, so it's still rather stock (High Speed SCSI card and the basic RAM expansion)  But I'm picking up a Booti card when they become available!
    • I originally got a IIgs as a high school graduation present and used it up until I got a SE/30.  I don't have my original IIgs, but I've got two now, one of which runs my BBS, so I get to use it to play with it every day!  The GS that runs my BBS is equipped with a CFFA3000, ReActiveMicro Transwarp GS v1.1, and Uthernet II card.  I also run GS/OS 6.0.4, and have the same HD image running in Sweet16 on my MacBook Pro, so getting files to and from my GS is a breeze.
    • I have a GS I got...at some point that I don't remember?(In a lot of Macs or something I think), but haven't done much with it besides remove the battery.  It does have a SCSI interface card in it, so I should pull it out and start playing with it
    • I love the IIgs. I still have the original my family purchased back when I were just a wee lad.  Sadly, my son blew out the VGC by hot swapping disk drives.    I was able to get a ROM3 mainboard for cheap off ebay a few years ago and drop it in as a fix, but I'm still looking for a replacement VGC to repair my original board.  But the ROM3 is nice.  My current setup has an Uthernet II, TransWarpGS running at 14MHz, the CFFA3000, a VidHD, DarkSound Stero card, and a 4MB RAM card by Briel.  I also put a replacement power supply by ReactiveMicro to keep everything running.  It's such a fun machine to jump on.  Man, the deals with the devil I would have made to have these upgrades as a kid... .   I'm curious about those fans, I have one on the power supply cage, which brings hot air from the slots area and up through the top of the IIgs case, but I keep the lid on.