• They're good cards. AFAIK they don't work with OS 9 but are good under OS X. If all you need to do is resolder it's worth the 5-10 minutes or so of effort.
    • The PowerPC 7410 can apparently be had in 600-700MHz varieties, and it's these that you'll need to use if you want a B&W G3 or Yikes! G4 on a full 100MHz memory bus.    For some reason the later models with PowerPC 745x variants use FPGAs to interface to the memory bus, and these FPGAs can't operate faster than 66MHz, thus the requirement to drop your bus speed. Oddly, the same 800-1000MHz 745x chips don't appear to require FPGAs in the older beige Macs.   The difference between the 7410 and the 745x chips is the use of full-speed L2 cache and the inclusion of L3 caches on the 745x where the 7410 has only half-speed (at most) L2 cache. You'll still get a good performance boost out of the 745x-based upgrades even with the memory bus speed drop.   The best 100MHz bus-based chips for these are the 750GX, which has 1MB of full-speed L2 cache in addition to core speeds up to 1.2GHz. These are oddly hard to find though, even though they should have been less expensive than equivalent G4 upgrades. Possibly because, without AltiVec, they struggle with some of the pretty stuff under 10.4 Tiger and can't be used at all with 10.5 Leopard.
    • BOM Attached - the only value i cannot find, is R48 - so if anyone can find it (it's the resistor below J12, the main connector), please let me know! MacintoshSE BOM.txt
    • If I remember correctly, they're more "traditional" network devices, in that they're mostly concerned with doing packet-level stuff and doing it well.  I'd love to get a FastPath, maybe one day I'll find one .  It'd be interesting to see whether there's a performance differential brought on by the GatorBox's "do everything" approach.
    • See, this is the bit I'm envious of .  Very nice setup.