• Probably true and this SE fdhd that he did looks great!
    • If the machine recognizes the drive the most you'd be able to use without a separate PCI IDE card is 128GB.  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT2544   You'll want to use the "16 heads" jumper settings and set it as Master if it's on the bus alone, or Slave if it's sharing the bus with your optical drive (assuming that is set as Master).   The 32GB clip jumper settings likely do exactly what it says and limits the drive to 32GB of space.   
    • I bought a new "white label" IDE/PATA drive to add to a Sawtooth G4 I am attempting to beef up.  Can someone relieve me from my woeful ignorance as to what the labels mean on this thing?  16 heads?  32GB clip?  I tried the cable select setting for both the "16 heads" diagram and the "32GB Clip" diagram, and the G4 wouldn't recognize the drive either time.  I know the G4's ATA bus works, I have had two HDs in there successfully, but I want to replace the one that is only 6GB.  Attached is a picture of the label on the drive.  Are there any settings I should ignore?  I've not seen "Forcing Dev1 present" before, what does that mean?
    • I bet it would’ve worked fine with a new CRT.  
    • From a 2013 thread about one of the other two Twiggy Macs:   @OldMacGuy - Sounds like a good first step will be to find someone (ideally) local with a Lisa 1, who should be able to read and back up your disk over a serial connection to a modern computer. I'd recommend pursuing a backup now before continuing to test your drive with that disk, so you don't lose any data or corrupt the disk during your testing!   As for the drive itself, there's been some good discussion about Twiggy servicing over at LisaList2 lately. Perhaps you'll find that useful at a starting point: https://lisalist2.com/index.php/topic,80.0.html   If the controller board on the drive is identical to the one used in a Lisa, I wonder if the whole drive could be hooked up to a Lisa 1 and "exercised" by BLU, which would give you an indication as to whether or not it's working properly. Obviously, you'd have to make *absolutely* sure everything was identical before attempting this...