• As a side note, does anyone have a schematic of the ROM adapter? If the ROM gets released I might burn it to some real ROMs and throw it in my retail Mac 128 for a laugh  
    • Thanks for doing this. I can't really understate how much I've gained from all of the materials the community has shared on outlets like Bitsavers, Macintosh Garden, the Internet Archive, and so on. I always try to pay it forward with stuff from my own collection.
    • Another Amazon source for 30 pin, I've bought plenty from these guys and they work fine   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IC1A1O8/
    • Hey, this is a different take on a project I was considering taking on! My main focus was to output color to a modern external display rather than provide grayscale to the internal one, but this still sounds very interesting, and I definitely don't have any engineering experience in my project.   I was hesitating about including an FPGA in my project, because I feel like it should be possible to go without it, and leaving it off would definitely lower the price. But more power to you if you have the resources to handle that. Any chance your SoM has an exposed HDMI port we can try and get working post-launch?
    • I acquired a Power Mac G4 with Sonnet upgrade for a very good price from eBay. Asked the seller to remove the handles which they did and it arrived in one piece!   The original speed was 400 MHz but with the Sonnet upgrade this will be higher now, I don't know the clock speed yet.   I did a quick power on test with monitor plugged in, chimes and displays video fine. I don't have any system discs that will work with it yet, but that's the next thing to sort. The machine does not have any drives so I am just working out my options for putting an SSD in here.   My plans for this machine are:   Full disassembly / tear down Full clean of every part Inspect PSU, make a judgement on recapping Replace electrolytic capacitors on the logic board SSD conversion Add a spinning disk of some sort Find a Sonnet Tempo SATA card Install OS 9 / OS X Set up a file server Install some games Eventually find an internal Zip drive to add to it Enjoy it