• @jjclay Being based in the UK I’m used to the international boards - this is the first time I’ve come across a US 120V board. They’re are a number of differences in the layout and components.   I replaced the fuse with an exact match to the original (and what is stated on the board). 2.5A 250V.   The voltage converter I’m using is brand new and the 120V output checked out just now.   All the resistors you mentioned I check all gave the same reading on the multimeter so I assume we can rule those out.   I did a good job with the soldering and reflowed the usual places that can suffer from dry/cracked joints.   This is all helpful though - I’m learning! Pictures of the front and back of the board attached.  
    • Completely enjoying this journey and the creative solutions...particularly liked the Hot Sauce approach. ;-). Thank you for sharing.   @bibilit thank you for the Vanish recommendation. I believe (but could be mistaken) that in the USA/Canada that powder is called Resolve Oxi Action (in-Wash Powder Stain Remover). I am curious what are the main ingredients in your Vanish powder? 
    • Ah cool; so  copy /b high1.bin + high2.bin combined_hi.bin copy /b low1.bin + low2.bin combined_lo.bin or for *nix cat high1.bin high2.bin > combined_hi.bin cat low1.bin low2.bin > combined_lo.bin Burn to a pair of 27256 EPROMs and enjoy? Sounds easy enough.
    • They've been on Mac GUI Vault for a few years: Twiggy Mac prototype ROM   I also did some write-ups back in 2014, investigating the file format and ROM: Twiggy Mac ROM disassembly Report on Twiggy Mac disks     It isn't necessary to have the adapter. You can merge the contents into a Hi and Lo ROM as used on the production Macintosh board. Some people have already done it a few years ago with the newer Twiggy ROM version.
    • As a side note, does anyone have a schematic of the ROM adapter? If the ROM gets released I might burn it to some real ROMs and throw it in my retail Mac 128 for a laugh