• Woo, worked out the graphics issue - the monitor didn't like been overclocked that hard from the IIx. It is usually ok at 75hz, but for some reason it wasn't here.   At the moment I've found that it runs at 72hz in 800x600... still technically too fast, but the screen copes.   Just disk issues now! So close! From dead to photoshop in ~3 weeks!
    • Right now it's the original 21-ish MiB of the original drive, which gives 18MiB formatted. The size is hard coded in the ROMs, and there's no option to specify the number of cylinders/heads in the HyperDrive software. AFAIK there was no way to discover the size of a drive with the ST-506 interface either, so, you'd be stuck with whatever size the board was made for. 
    • @Bolacore Great work!   What is the drive capacity in megabytes that you assigned? And did you experiment to see what the maximum drive size can be with the hyperdrive controller and software?
    • Hi hackdog, thanks for your fast reply!   to be honest, I’m not really sure what the problem is... one psu blows fuses straight away and another just clicks and shuts down.   i don’t suppose the schematic indicates the ratings of the parts?   the only things I tested were the diodes since I guessed that could be one reason the fuses blow so quickly.   everything looks pretty clean except I think I recall a bit of blackening around some parts of the circuit board.   if I upload some more photos could you take a look?   cheers and thanks again!
    • And the print head is properly located so that if the printing pins will actually contact the paper? While it is attempting to print, can you tell if the pins are even moving? Maybe there is an issue in the circuits that drive the solenoids that actuate the pins.