snake88usa

Plus with Horizontal Sweep Lines?

Well I decided to fire up my Plus today to test a hard drive that I had. This plus was working about a week ago and from what I remember I thought the CRT was under adjusted to where there was a pretty good size black border (i think). When I turned it on the screen was very bright and had some slanted horizontal lines. Up at the very top is a bright white line and the picture fills the whole screen (again, i didnt think it use to but I could be wrong). Is the repair steps similar to the SE/30? cause I found a website on it.

post-2171-0-19444400-1410127299_thumb.jpg

Edited by snake88usa

I have see this one many times that I could almost recite from memory but I'll verify it with DMS. It is either R5 (470KΩ at 1/4 watt), or U12 SN74LS38; both on the  analog board. Pages 52 to 54 on DMS.

Will turning the pot bring the lines back to the way it was? Can I do this while its on? Second, is it possible to test anything like the transistor without removing the analog board or discharging the crt?

Will turning the pot bring the lines back to the way it was? Can I do this while its on? Second, is it possible to test anything like the transistor without removing the analog board or discharging the crt?

i always adjust those with it on.

You can do this with the monitor on but you need to use some plastic "TV Adjusting Tools" or you can take some chinese food chop sticks and with a razor knife cut the end into a chisel point that would fit the parts that needs adjusting. And when you're adjusting, do it slowly ad carefully. If the part gets stuck in a position, do not force it. Turn it off and then inspect it closer. It could be that you've reach the end of its turning or what paint seal used to freeze it in place is in the way and you need to scrape it off. This paint seal is usually in Red. 

On 9/8/2014 at 2:36 PM, Elfen said:

I have see this one many times that I could almost recite from memory but I'll verify it with DMS. It is either R5 (470KΩ at 1/4 watt), or U12 SN74LS38; both on the  analog board. Pages 52 to 54 on DMS.

Hi, I got the same issue on my Plus. 

Would you be able to let me know what is the DMS you are looking at? Or where I could download it?

Cheers!