The Website Forum
 Site stuff...
Author Topic  
danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 25 Mar 2002 :  05:55:05
I had these laying around from ages back... are piccies like those any use to the site?

dana

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 25 Mar 2002 :  09:30:52
Hey, those are pretty nice! I especially like the Quicktake 1xx. They would be nice for link buttons...

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Regular Disappear!Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 26 Mar 2002 :  20:06:25
Those would just be cool to call those (the 68k ones that is as Mac OS X icons and offer them for download!

*note to self, work on site more*

--------------------
keeper of the website and beholder of the Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice™
--------------------Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 26 Mar 2002 :  21:17:39
quote:

And... links. to the main mac spec sites, and to personal pages of us or other people who've done special things with that model.

how about links to the specific models pages on all the other sites so that if anybody wants to find ALL the good pages on any given model, the only place to go would be 68kMLA central, then lem and back, then everymac and back, then fritter and back, then . . . . .

jt

Edited by - trash80toG-4 on 26 Mar 2002 21:18:27Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 26 Mar 2002 :  21:23:11
I reckon that the idea is pretty good, as long as it doesn't turn into something like Low End Mac's rating system, where just about every model is a 'Road Apple'. After all, a LC is underpowered, but it was also cheap. You do get what you pay for!

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
00014 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

~Coxy

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 26 Mar 2002 :  21:28:16
I'm guessing that dana is online right now...

A good idea, I suppose it'd turn out like As The Apple Turns, with links on every-other keyword!

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 26 Mar 2002 :  22:11:08
Well...doing what Dana suggested would require a lot more work, and thus some help from the mods (besides marchie!)...

Dana, if you could make some sort of mock-up of what the 630 page would look like, i would be glad to go over it!

--------------------

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 26 Mar 2002 :  22:21:31
very nice...some minor tweaks, but nothing really mentionable to change...

A slightly modified version for public viewing to come in the near future...

--------------------

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 26 Mar 2002 :  22:25:28
quote:

very nice...some minor tweaks, but nothing really mentionable to change...

A slightly modified version for public viewing to come in the near future...

wouldn't know about the finer points, but it looks great here, screenshot should be in your box, maniac!

jt

Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 26 Mar 2002 :  23:05:30
http://homepage.mac.com/mla68k/605.html

here is an, incomplete, slighty modified version of dana's...I kinda stopped half-way through because I didn't feel like doing anything more...i like the check-boxes and status bars....but do you think we have have the "old school" (a la system 7) versions of those?...

the links and stuff is fine...i'm,just too lazy at present to write any more html

also...do you think system 6.0.8, system 7.1,and 8.1 could be added to the list of OSs?...or is that the crack talking?

comments...?

--------------------

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 26 Mar 2002 :  23:20:26
goodie...

(did anybody besides me and the people I told before this know about the jumper-gestalt ID thing?)

--------------------

~Coxy

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 27 Mar 2002 :  06:23:46
Nice page! I never knew about the massive clock speeds you can get a 475 to...

Maybe when I get one I'll have to try to get it above 50 MHz using some sort of cooling device...

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 27 Mar 2002 :  20:09:17
quote:

Maybe when I get one I'll have to try to get it above 50 MHz using some sort of cooling device...

liquid cooling!!!

--------------------

Marchie
Chaplain

USA
911 Posts
Posted - 27 Mar 2002 :  20:50:48
liquid? Go all the way mon...

copper tubeing, filled with liquid nitrogen that is constantly moving via a small inline pump. Then, add a high power fan, to keep away condensation.

~MarchieGo to Top of Page

~Coxy

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 30 Mar 2002 :  20:25:15
2 GHz 68040 Power!!!

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 30 Mar 2002 :  20:32:10
quote:

2 GHz 68040 Power!!!

wear safety goggles and make sure to invit rex to the immolation!

jt

Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 14 Apr 2002 :  23:46:39
If you want I can do reviews for any LC series machines. I've used every model, other than the MacTV (does that count? )

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6!!!

QFW68KPB Project SUCCESS!!!!!Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 15 Apr 2002 :  04:34:15
quote:

quote:

If you want I can do reviews for any LC series machines. I've used every model, other than the MacTV (does that count? )

The more the merrier!. Do you think the Q605 template type review works? or is there perhaps more that needs doing on it. This thread kind of died unfortunately, without a lot of people putting their thoughts into what we could add in.

It makes it a lot easier to get a good setup first go, rather than update the design 3 or four times, across the whole 68k line!

dana

Yeah, i like the layout. However, i do believe that the progress bar meter thingies are a little too Platiunumish though, even though a MicroQuadra (and any other '040) can run 8.1. if you could get ahold of some System 7 ones, that could be really good, and in the theme of 68k computing. Also, we need some kind of rating system, such as MA's Max piccies, and *cough* MacWorld's *cough* mice, that they took from MacUser. But yeah, i would be more than happy to volunteer for some reviews. Also, should we interview more than just machines? I have some ideas for reviews for hardware peripherals, and even 68k software.

So whaddaya think?

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6!!!

QFW68KPB Project SUCCESS!!!!!Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 15 Apr 2002 :  05:25:25
quote:

Yeah, i like the layout. However, i do believe that the progress bar meter thingies are a little too Platiunumish though, even though a MicroQuadra (and any other '040) can run 8.1. if you could get ahold of some System 7 ones, that could be really good, and in the theme of 68k computing.

i like it too, but if it's not too much more work, how about using a design motif based upon the OS recommendation for optimum system install for that box? that way there will be a little something for everybody and even the look of our pages will be like a timeline of OS development to match the hardware developments we're covering.

all by itself, an illustration/explanation of the graphical nuances of the evolution of the mac GUI might be cool, tying ot to the hardware development in a unified graphical show-n-tell of both is something i haven't seen before and is something we've got the troops to develop as a cooperative kinda "ooh! remember this one!" process.

maybe each page could have a link to one article that would explain each OS patch/upgrade/release in a sort of slideshow format, linking back to each machine's introduction and the features that OS supported in that new generation of hardware.

maybe in a chart OS support for every machine the 7.0.1• could link back to the OS page/explanation?

i don't know squat about site development, but i think this would be a good way to loop "chain of interest" kinda threads around and thru the site sorta like strands inside a skein of yarn (or some such bs).

just blabberin'

jt . .

Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 15 Apr 2002 :  08:53:44
Sorry for the lack up updates this weekend...I should be publically flogged...

I will try to get some stuff up...

But before that, we need to organize...I really need people to head up the management/content making of "The Liberated"...any volunteers?

Also, JT...your links project will be hosted from the site...but I will need you to create your page(s) and be responsible for their mangagement (since it is your little baby)

*think of what else needs to be done, feels stream of concscience*

Ah, yes, Forum Introductions. Can all mods please email me or marchie your intros?

Yeah...The Liberated and the intros are the two big things holding us up...hmmm...

We'll also have how-tos and random articles, but that shouldn't be to hard to manage

stream of conscience....

--------------------

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 15 Apr 2002 :  09:40:45
quote:

Also, JT...your links project will be hosted from the site...but I will need you to create your page(s) and be responsible for their mangagement (since it is your little baby)

that'd be a good trick as i haven't got a freakin' clue as to designing or maintaining web pages! it would be a monumental waste of time for me to begin to try. i'd much rather leave it as a thread to organize and add to it in a format, the basics of which, i'm just beginning to understand.
<microrant mode>
the whole point of it was to try to get the rest of the MLA to post interesting links that they run across and to discuss them, but nobody has bothered yet! other than the links i've posted nothing has been contributed at all, no discussion has started other than one comment from ~marchie that i'm not even sure about the meaning. it's beginning to look like a failed experiment and i'm beginning to lose interest in this if it's going to be a solitary pursuit!
</microrant mode>

humbug!

jt . .

Go to Top of Page

Marchie
Chaplain

USA
911 Posts
Posted - 15 Apr 2002 :  15:01:23
don't give up JT!

I'll be linking to pages that deal with my baliwick today when I get back to Alice (my G4).

I think the Links project is a great idea, I just haven;t quite figured out how to use it yet, and I've been a bit busy trying to fix the brakes on my car, and get my new Newton working. I'm also house sitting, so I'm operating with one computer, and no network. his is what I call roughing it.

~Marchie

~Chaplain Marchie

Holder of the Compact Mac -
-Stick of Justice, with Explodeing CRT head

-Wand of Power with Shocking Flyback Transformer Tip
~~"We are all Mad here"~~Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 15 Apr 2002 :  18:39:34
quote:

that'd be a good trick as i haven't got a freakin' clue as to designing or maintaining web pages! it would be a monumental waste of time for me to begin to try. i'd much rather leave it as a thread to organize and add to it in a format, the basics of which, i'm just beginning to understand.

Sorry to assume!!! Well...so do you want to just keep it as a forum thread and have me link to it from the site, or...

--------------------

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.