Author Topic  
cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 22 Mar 2002 :  14:12:24
Attention soldiers!!!

Take a look at THIS!!

The AudioMedia II card alone is worth more than the starting bid. If any of you in or near NYC have the cash, bid and bid quick! Hell, even if you're not in NYC, they're only charging $20 for shipping! I would myself, but I'm saving cash for too many other things. I'd love to see this IIfx go to one of ours!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Regular Disappear!

Edited by - cinemafia on 22 Mar 2002 15:18:27

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 22 Mar 2002 :  14:53:27
quote:

Attention soldiers!!!

Take a look at THIS!!
The AudioMedia I card alione is worth more than the starting bid. If any of you in or near NYC have the cash, bid and bid quick! Hell, even if you're not in NYC, they're only charging $20 for shipping! I would myself, but I'm saving cashe for too many other things. I'd love to seer this IIfx go to one of ours!

not sure i need another fx (omg! never thought i'd have one!) but those empty thruholes for doubling the memory on that nuvista board are singing a siren song, anybody else dying for this one?

jt

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 22 Mar 2002 :  15:19:09
I think I was a little excited, as can be seen by the typos in JT's quote...

Regular Disappear!

Edited by - cinemafia on 25 Mar 2002 10:02:00Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 24 Mar 2002 :  21:04:35
And you said nearly no 6-slot Macintosh II's had their original 5.25" half-height hard drives, cine...

--------------------
keeper of the website and beholder of the Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice™
--------------------Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 24 Mar 2002 :  21:10:00
quote:

I think I was a little [i[excited[/i], as can be seen by the typos in JT's quote...

i was pretty excited too, but i'm not gonna start with the eBay addiction quite yet, somebody nab this sucker tho!

jt =8-}

Go to Top of Page

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 24 Mar 2002 :  21:45:03
I'll try to muster up the money and courage (I would usually never bid on an auction that has most of the descriptions in caps) to get this monster. It's too good to pass up.

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The SaneGo to Top of Page

thecube84

USA
56 Posts
Posted - 25 Mar 2002 :  05:34:53
it says its one of the fastest macs alive???

what ???

wow the things people say on ebay ....;)

--
//=\\ |L |E ><
|F (()) |R ||))
68k Macs Liberated: 5
(Im only 14, give me a break)Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 25 Mar 2002 :  05:46:32
quote:

what ???

wow the things people say on ebay ....;)

you're right about the thinds they say, which is why you need to be really careful about reading and understanding every word if you are going to bid (i would anyway, never considered it seriously yet). go back and read it again, edit or delete your post, and i'll kill this one!

jt

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 25 Mar 2002 :  05:48:45
[quote]
I'll try to muster up the money and courage (I would usually never bid on an auction that has most of the descriptions in caps) to get this monster. It's too good to pass up.
[/quote
hey, wonk, e-mail to make sure you can pick it up, if they won't let you, that wouldn't be a good omen. i'll do it now and post the result.

jt

had to sign up (yes i did ~coxy, so make sure we get the $) to e-mail the question, so if you're NOT bidding, please let me know. i may anyway if i don't hear from you, but i won't if you're going for it and let me know. if i hear from the seller re: pickup, i'll post an update one way or the other, good luck!

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 25 Mar 2002 07:00:19

heard back, he said he's got a place to leave it for a pickup w/no shipping charge, so i don't know if that's a good or a bad sign. somebody just told me that he's probably looking for considerably more than the minimum bid, so i'm not really interested in trying to get it. if you just want a IIfx, i cleaned out the place downtown and paid around 25 or 30 each if you want one that definitely boots, if you're going for the cards, good luck, wonk!

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 25 Mar 2002 08:54:49Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 25 Mar 2002 :  10:04:41
quote:

Naw, they said it was at one time the fastest mac alive. Not really any point is mentioning it either way, though. Unless it's a Quadra 840av they're talking about, that is!

Regular Disappear!Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 25 Mar 2002 :  10:06:21
quote:

quote:

Naw, they said it was at one time the fastest mac alive. Not really any point is mentioning it either way, though. Unless it's a Quadra 840av they're talking about, that is!

( | )

jt

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 25 Mar 2002 :  10:32:27
Yeah, I'm biased.

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 25 Mar 2002 :  10:49:21
quote:

Yeah, I'm biased.

yah! we noticed! *whyd'ya' think i mooned ya!*

me too, but it looks like my penchant for gonzo-case/slots/bays/pixels is getting some reinforcement soon! you can keep that stumpy little hot rod/suv/thingie, we're talkin' 950! just like my Sierra 25 (full size 8'bed pickup), i could keep a freakin' suv in the back as a spare!

bwahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa!

jt

p.s. unless of course, somebody sniped it with an e-mail bid just under the wire! whatever!

Go to Top of Page

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 25 Mar 2002 :  17:19:14
Well, I lost. I tried to bid with 50 seconds left, and by the time I finished entering my username and password, someone had already bought it.

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The SaneGo to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 25 Mar 2002 :  17:25:24
quote:

Well, I lost. I tried to bid with 50 seconds left, and by the time I finished entering my username and password, someone had already bought it.

sorry, wonk,

that would be me, i checked all my mailboxes about 15 minutes before the end of the auction. why didn't you post here, i kept waiting for the topic to pop back up, i've been hanging around for the last couple of hours and finally decided to bid!

jt

p.s. offer's still open if you want one canal street fx's tho!

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 25 Mar 2002 17:27:27Go to Top of Page

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 25 Mar 2002 :  18:37:35
Well....I really do want a machine that I can run A/UX on. I'll consider your offer.

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated

Marchie
Chaplain

USA
911 Posts
Posted - 26 Mar 2002 :  08:08:16
That is NOT a SCSI controller inside that IIfx.

It's a National Instruments data aquisition card of some kind, except the e-bay seller gave the wrong numbers off the card for us to tell what it is.

It has an internal 50pin ribbon connector, which is for connecting to OTHER cards inside the computer. The External connector is for connecting to breakoutboxes and equipment.

Once you GET the card, you can find the correct numbers, and we can figure out what it does. It seems to be a different card than either of the 2 I picke dup last week, although it might form a perfect triplet with them...

~Marchie

~Chaplain Marchie

Holder of the Compact Mac -
-Stick of Justice, with Explodeing CRT head

-Wand of Power with Shocking Flyback Transformer Tip
~~"We are all Mad here"~~Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 26 Mar 2002 :  08:59:23
quote:

That is NOT a SCSI controller inside that IIfx.

It's a National Instruments data aquisition card of some kind, except the e-bay seller gave the wrong numbers off the card for us to tell what it is.

It has an internal 50pin ribbon connector, which is for connecting to OTHER cards inside the computer. The External connector is for connecting to breakoutboxes and equipment.

Once you GET the card, you can find the correct numbers, and we can figure out what it does. It seems to be a different card than either of the 2 I picke dup last week, although it might form a perfect triplet with them...

I didn't think that looked like a scsi card chipset or a scsi connector on the backplane, i had scoped out the 'peg and had come up with this but drew a blank searching:

assy #180505-0 might be #160505.0

googled again just since you posted:

http://www.vimarket.com/browse_company.php3
http://www.natinst.com

VirtualBench™
Ready-to-Run Virtual Instruments: Oscilloscope, Dynamic Signal
Analyzer, Function Generator, Digital Multimeter, and Data Logger

VirtualBench is a family of ready-to-run software virtual instruments. These virtual instruments feature the capabilities of stand-alone instruments when combined with DAQ hardware. The VirtualBench family consists of five instruments – the VirtualBench SCOPE oscilloscope, the VirtualBench DSA dynamic signal analyzer, the VirtualBench FG function generator, the VirtualBench DMM digital multimeter, and the VirtualBench LOGGER data logger. With one multifunction DAQ product, you can have the functionality of all five instruments.

alphabetical listing of products:
http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/nioc_util.alpha_list

don't remember where i found this pdf:

Price list in EURO
Effective July, 01, 2000

GPIB Instrument Control
PC Controllers
NuBus

776756•01___NB•GPIB•P/TNT and NI•488.2 for Mac OS______________750

776756•51___NB•GPIB•P/TNT, NI•488.2 for Mac OS, X2 Cable,2 m_____865

776790•01___NB•GPIB/TNT and NI•488.2 Software for Mac OS________750

776790•51___NB•GPIB/TNT, NI•488.2 for Mac OS, X2 GPIB Cable,2 m__865

dunno, should have the stuff in my grubby little paws about 3 hours from now tho! i was more interested in the missing breakout box for the "DSP sound card" i'll be in touch, maybe we should load and launch this thread into 68k peripherals

jt

Go to Top of Page

SuperMod

Canary Islands
66 Posts
Posted - 26 Mar 2002 :  09:43:54
*SuperMod tries to load the thread onto the Thread Thrower 68000, but realizes LeeMac has it anchored into the Trading Post*

*accidently pulls the release lever and gets thrown somewhere near Ballon Help*

--
It's a bird! It's a plane!
No, it's SuperMod™!!!Go to Top of Page

SuperMod

Canary Islands
66 Posts
Posted - 26 Mar 2002 :  09:46:25
*SuperMod tries to load the thread onto the Thread Thrower 68000, but realizes LeeMac has it anchored into the Trading Post*

*accidently pulls the release lever and gets thrown somewhere near Ballon Help*

--
It's a bird! It's a plane!
No, it's SuperMod™!!!Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 26 Mar 2002 :  10:28:49
Poor SuperMod...

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 26 Mar 2002 :  16:33:26
quote:

Poor SuperMod...

he's fine, he landed on his head, nopro!

anyhoo:

ok, got machine and cards in hand, thought i'd report before testing:

Macintosh Display Card: 12" NuBus w/ 2 4•8 VRAM SIMMS and ROM 341-0801-02 1986-90
(why didn't apple just put the freakin' designation on the cards, is an 8•24 just a 4•8 with factory installed simms? *sheesh!*

DIGIDESIGN SOUND ACCELERATOR II with a DB25 and a 1/4" headphone jack.

TRUEVISION NUVISTA + Video capture and effects board with a half full memory card
here's a link to the page with the .pdf manual:
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/support/display.asp?FileID=267&ProductID=384

the NuVista is listed as paired with a Nat-Int card, probably as a likely config. found in a machine in need of a boost in performance:

quote:

ROCKET LIFT-OFF APPLICATION

Rocket Lift-Off, included on disk One of the RocketWare disk set, is a utility designed to verify that RocketWare is being installed onto a supported Macintosh computer. It also checks for certain products not currently supported by RocketWare. Some of the unsupported items that Lift-Off checks for include:

Old versions of TrueVision's NuVista card and National Instruments GPIB card

here's the manual for a video-editing (?) device which uses the nb-dio-32f interface.
http://www.isis-distribution.ch/neurophysio/manuels/dr890man.htm

links for SCXI-1348 DIO-32F Cable Assembly Installation Guides:
http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/1E9A7AB52C97BE0286256790004653E3?OpenDocument&node=132100_US

http://search.ni.com/query.html?col=alldocs&qp=%2Bcontenttype%3Aproductmanual&qs=&pw=575&ws=0&la=en&qm=0&st=1&nh=10&lk=1&rf=0&layout=ProductManual&ws=0&oq=&rq=0&qt=nb-dio-32f

here is a description/source for this interface board:
National Instruments__NB-DIO-32F, Data Acquisition board for NuBus___with 96 TTL lines at 350 kHz
http://www.besttest.com/products/chartdl.htm#daqboardspc

that's all i've got the patience for right now!

hey, dana, is this the same vidcap card you've got?

jt

p.s. here's a link for the virtual oscilloscope stuff marchie:
http://www.vimarket.com/productpage.php3?product_id=227

Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 26 Mar 2002 :  17:00:23
quote:

That sounds the thing - I've been away from home a week and a bit now, so I'm not too sure just what it is :D. Truevision Nuvista+ sounds the go... it's a shortish card, with another vram-looking card strapped on the end to bring it up to 12", and then another connector on the end of the vram-card which goes off to the jpeg decoder board - I'll get the right name n number when I'm back in my lil machouse :D

dana

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 26 Mar 2002 :  17:06:20
quote:

quote:

That sounds the thing - I've been away from home . . . . . I'll get the right name n number when I'm back in my lil machouse :D

there's a good sketch of the card in the 198(?)+- page manual somewhere, did you find that one? it's got all the pinouts for the DB9 connectors for vid I/O. hadn't known it was a JPEG daughtercard, but that makes a lot of sense. if they're the same, toss me a link to the drivers if you get a chance. did your rig have one of those NatInst cards in the setup?

jt

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 26 Mar 2002 :  17:37:30
CONGRATULATIONS, JT!!!!!!

You got a seriously fine haul for $66, and I'm happy that you of all 68k-lovers nabbed it! I'd send you champagne but the bottle might bust en-route.

Oh, and I believe the difference between the NuVista card you got and the one Dana has is that hers is maxed out with VRAM and can do real-time chroma/alpha-keying in 24-bit color. That, I'd kill for.

Oh and uh, if you send me that AudioMedia II card, I'll send you anything you want!!!!

Regular Disappear!

Edited by - cinemafia on 26 Mar 2002 17:38:35

Edited by - cinemafia on 27 Mar 2002 10:37:51Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 26 Mar 2002 :  18:19:50
quote:

CONGRATULATIONS, JT!!!!!!

hers is the top-of-the-line model that can do real-time chroma/alpha-keying in 24-bit color. That, I'd kill for.

Oh and uh, if you send me that AudioMedia II card, I'll send you anything you want!!!! [:o

thanks cinemo! you mean it wouldn't have been overpriced at my $86 max?
from truevision's pages and the manual, mine's the plus and it does chroma keying and video overlay, i don't know whatalpha-keying is yet, but maxing the menmory on this thing is duck soup! the thru-holes are clear for populating and soldering it right up! does the BASE designation mean low end of the upper end model? dunno!

what the heck is an automedia card? found an interesting history of the company, but i think there's supposed to be a rack mounted breakout box to hang on the DB25, i guess i could use the headset option, or is it a mic input? dunno!

i'm beat! *yawns* i'll bet somebody was using this thing to do some pretty high end editing at one time. the chips and circuits on the Nat-Int card look just like the control circuitry on a project i worked on at around that time. i'm betting that the mac tied together and automated laying down all the sound and video on a high end unit like the one i linked to. The automedia and the nuvista were the pipes and tape unit was the cauldron, the nat-int card was the valve lashup and the IIfx mobo was cookin' up some toil and trouble!

did that make any sense?

jt

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 27 Mar 2002 :  10:37:06
Wait, I just re-read what you typed before! I thought you said it was an AudioMedia II card, which would look like this, but it's really a SoundAccelerator II card, which is different. As a matter of fact, i can't find any specific info about, either on Digidesign's site or by google. What I can tell, though, is that certain programs that require some kind of sound card, can be used with a Sound Accelerator II card, so I know it's not just a SCSI card or something like that. My guess is that it uses some kind of audio-breakout box, very much like the PAS-16 card that I have. Who knows, the PAS-16 breakout box I have is DB-25, and it might just work with the Sound Accelerator II!

Either way, I'd be happy to trade you something for it, and find out!

P.S. - Alpha Keying/Chroma Keying is when you replace a given field, either the aplha channel or a specific color (chroma) with another stream. Essentially, it's what you would call video super-imposition, like the weather man in front of what have you. Only, the NuVista+ card can do it in real time, instead of having to use AfterEffects and wait days for it to render. I think you can do it with your card, too, you just need to max out the VRAM.

Regular Disappear!

Edited by - cinemafia on 27 Mar 2002 10:41:11Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 27 Mar 2002 :  15:02:05
quote:

there's a good sketch of the card in the 198(?)+- page manual somewhere, did you find that one? it's got all the pinouts for the DB9 connectors for vid I/O. hadn't known it was a JPEG daughtercard, but that makes a lot of sense. if they're the same, toss me a link to the drivers if you get a chance. did your rig have one of those NatInst cards in the setup?

I think it may have been the pinnacle site where I downloaded the drivers from in the first place - yet again, I'm not home, and I'm lost without my fileserver! I'll pop them online when I get back, which is likely this afternoon :D. I didn't have the other card however, no - just the truevisionnuvista+, the attached jpeg card, audiomedia II, siliconexpressIV and PPC card.

Oh! I have a scanner now - I can scan the cards!!! :D

dana

Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 28 Mar 2002 :  07:49:51
quote:

Oh! I have a scanner now - I can scan the cards!!! :D

and here's one! http://www.danamania.com/temp/nuvista.jpg

It's in black & white and looks like crap. I think I'll rescan it - anyhows thats the end of the main nuvista card - you can see where the huge connector joins the lil vram daughtercard to the main nuvista card - on the far left, there's the connector which connects the daughtercard to the jpeg en/decoder nubus card. I should prolly scan that too. I was looking for something to do in photoshop, too :D.

the daughtercard on mine there, has the same number of vram chippies on the back also.

dana

Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 28 Mar 2002 :  08:13:21
more scans!

http://www.danamania.com/temp/nuvistafront.jpg

(the above one is the full front of the nuvista+)

http://www.danamania.com/temp/nuvistaback.jpg

(and that one is the backside of the daughtercard)

dana

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 28 Mar 2002 :  10:13:09
quote:

more scans!

thanks, dana! you've got a memory board that was upgraded for the use of your jpeg board you lucky little maniac™! my NuVista has a 1990 simple SIP VRAM sxpansion PCB, looks like the JPEG Standard was released the same year mine was made. The memory board was probably revised again sometime in 1993 also, it's very slick that they used the RAM expansion connector the way Sonnet used the L2 cache slot as a way to wedge the G-3 accelerator into my 6360. They used both sides of the PCB to fit the additional high speed circuitry includng a bunch of VLSI ASIC chipsets onto the limited acreage on the memory daughtercard plus a connector (ribbon cable ?) for direct communications with the JPEG NuBus companion board! Just a few years earlier they were still adding a second discrete component daughtercard like the one attached to both our Base + boards for additional acreage!

i'll have to get my scanner out too, but you can see all there really is to be seen in the auction pics.

interesting way to share info, this www thingie!

jt

Edited by - trash80toG-4 on 28 Mar 2002 10:16:14Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 28 Mar 2002 :  11:26:52
quote:

thanks, dana! you've got a memory board that was upgraded for the use of your jpeg board you lucky little maniac™! my NuVista has a 1990 simple SIP VRAM sxpansion PCB...

Noooow I see the difference. yup. different board n all - perhaps the vram on mine is some kind of dualported thing, where the nuvista+ can read away and constantly display it/do its job with keying etc, and the jpeg card can be used to go mad decompressing/recompressing frame by fram. Or something along those lines anyhoo.

(is all vram dual ported?)

I peeped about on google and found the chips themselves on mine (524256's) were mentioned in a few places - one of which was a link back to these forums and the discussion cinemo and I had about this card when I first came across it! heh. anyhows, another page came up with:

These are dual-ported devices: each chip has a 4-bit read/write port connected via circuitry in the BGA to the interface processor; each chip also has a serial access read-only port that is used to provide data for the display. Each chip has four 512-bit shift registers, which are used to drive the serial access port. Once the shift registers have been loaded, access via the other port may take place while the serial data is being shifted out the
serial port.

dana

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 28 Mar 2002 :  11:27:30
quote:
interesting way to share info, this www thingie!

I was thinking that too...it may be corny now-a-days, but it's always a simple pleasure...

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 28 Mar 2002 :  11:40:46
quote:

thanks, dana! you've got a memory board that was upgraded for the use of your jpeg board you lucky little maniac™!

Speaking of the jpeg board - I scanned it too. just 'cos :D

danascan

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 28 Mar 2002 :  11:58:40
quote:

[quote]
Speaking of the jpeg board - I scanned it too. just 'cos :D

danascan

hi, nacsanad!

only the top half inch or so of that scan loads! how big are those files? it would be awsome to have scans of every card in the army if we had a about a terabyte of storage somwheres, hrrmh? the only differences i spotted between the bse boards was that yours has a metal crystal can and different stickers. nice bunch of analog tweakables on board huh?

jt

Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 28 Mar 2002 :  12:03:27
quote:

only the top half inch or so of that scan loads! how big are those files? it would be awsome to have scans of every card in the army if we had a about a terabyte of storage somwheres, hrrmh? the only differences i spotted between the bse boards was that yours has a metal crystal can and different stickers. nice bunch of analog tweakables on board huh?

That pic is around 170kb... it works okee here, and may just need a reload for you a lil later.

I don't know just what kind of tweaking could be done :D. It's a real pity I don't have the HD speed to get the thing capturing. It could give me an obsession to move onto after the 605's :D.

The jpeg codec chip looks quite nice - it's like a little purple plastic 040 :D

dana

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 28 Mar 2002 :  12:35:25
quote:

That pic is around 170kb... it works okee here, and may just need a reload for you a lil later.

I don't know just what kind of tweaking could be done :D. It's a real pity I don't have the HD speed to get the thing capturing. It could give me an obsession to move onto after the 605's :D.

probably none, i didn't check the manual yet, if it works, i'm kinda hoping it's already dialed in and i'm hoping that twewking's not necessary. how much disk speed do you need for vidcap? offhand the framerate/bitdepth/pixelcount doesn't seem like it should be all that taxing in terms of bandwidth, but the freakin' STORAGE requirements must be absurd!

btw, my TruVista's memcard VRAM is TC524256AZ-10 SIP from Toshiba which is very close to the TC524256Z-12 SIPs on the 1988 E-Machines 8 Plane Video Controller 029-00496-01 that came in one of fx's in the middle batch of II's that i snapped up. this board is interesting because it used an HD15 interface before it was standardized for VGA/SVGA (not 100% sure about that timetable, anybody got a source for video output timeline info?). I haven't uncovered any info on that card, i think it's probably a proprietary interface for one of their monitors that i might need to try to acquire at some point. Pinouts might let me adapt it to a multisync, but so far NADA in terms of hits on the card!

I think I'm going to put a link to this thread in peripherals.

jt

Go to Top of Page

LeeMac
Trading Post Commander

USA
202 Posts
Posted - 29 Mar 2002 :  03:02:32
Please move your dicussion of this topic to topic.asp.TOPIC_ID=993.html

Thank you!

General LeeMac M.A.C ( Mac Action Commando)
Macs Liberated 0002
Trading post Forum moderator
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Edited by - leemac on 29 Mar 2002 21:53:27Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.