PowerBook
 VST ThinPack Liberated
Author Topic  
Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 20 Mar 2002 :  20:40:14
went back downtown and cleaned out the last three LaserWriter IIg's and discovered a shrink wrapped cherry VST ThinPack and snatched it away for $15, now i just need a 100 series powerbook that works! Nothing says what type of battery technology this utilizes. it lists the recyclables as silver, nickel and lead and it's not supposed to have a memory effect. any guesses?

if i can get BabyPB back up reliably this thing is supposed to give 8-9 hours for the 100. tasty, if it isn't spoiled already.

jt

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 20 Mar 2002 20:41:48

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 23 Mar 2002 :  06:24:04
It's probably a SLA.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
00014 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 23 Mar 2002 :  06:41:11
quote:

It's probably a SLA.

great, what are the odds it's not landfill/recyclable waste?
seems to have a pretty long shelf life and can be recharged after months of dormancy.

jt

Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 26 Mar 2002 :  20:57:38
There's nothing like having a really nifty third-party peripheral and not having a computer to use it with / drivers for it / cartridges /breakout box [in some cases] / AC adapter-power brick for it...

Lets see...I have a 270mb Syquest sans disk, a Color StyleWriter 2200 sans power brick, some sort of VideoLogic video-type card sans breakout box, a Portrait display sans video cable...

--------------------
keeper of the website and beholder of the Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice™
--------------------Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 26 Mar 2002 :  21:50:12
quote:

There's nothing like having a really nifty third-party peripheral and not having a computer to use it with / drivers for it / cartridges /breakout box [in some cases] / AC adapter-power brick for it...

Lets see...I have a 270mb Syquest sans disk, a Color StyleWriter 2200 sans power brick, some sort of VideoLogic video-type card sans breakout box, a Portrait display sans video cable...

i've got an almost new 3.5" syquest cart in my hand with no drive, whattcha got in the way of trinkets to send back this way?

the breakout box is sometimes something as simple as a hydra/octopus cable thingie! get the freakin pinouts!

i've seen radius TPD cables for as little as $10, i think i bookmarked it for you, i'll check, you make sure the pinouts are the same as the apple TPD which is the same as the FPD which i think both might have been oem'd by radius. i know how to make the adapter to trick it into asking for portrait pixels.

i'll see you in peripherals! maybe we should launch this thread over there too! a thinpack is a PB Peripheral! what idiot mis-posted this topic here?

jt

Go to Top of Page

~Coxy

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 30 Mar 2002 :  22:07:58
Well, a VST ThinPack can only be used on a PowerBook, so maybe it's better left here!

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 31 Mar 2002 :  07:05:11
quote:

Well, a VST ThinPack can only be used on a PowerBook, so maybe it's better left here!

it was a joke, ~coxy, the idiotwho posted this here was ME!

jt

Go to Top of Page

~Coxy

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 31 Mar 2002 :  21:33:27
I know... I thought you were being serious about the first point and sarcastic about the second.

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.