Lounge
 Re: Rhapsody Format
Author Topic  
Protocol7
Starting Member

Ireland
1 Posts
Posted - 19 Mar 2002 :  17:52:14
To answer TiMacLover's question in the 68K section about Rhapsody's disk format, it was proprietry in DR1 and only slightly improved in DR2 (AFAIK). Apple recommended that developers FTP files to and from their Rhapsody boxes. Even floppies formatted as "NeXT" in Rhapsody are unreadable in NS/OS.

I have DR1 running in VPC and while it's pretty to look at, that's about all I've got out of it :)

BTW, I'd very much doubt that the DR2 image on the HL server is valid. There is still no Rhapsody partition, just 98+MB of Documentation (I'd downloaded it before). There's a server over on Carracho with the valid Toast image, but I haven't tried getting it.

TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 19 Mar 2002 :  17:57:53
We should have that toast image on our server, hey you got it to work on VPC? Do you think you would mind uploading that image to my server? my hotline address is: Ti.Volt5.com thanks!!! i got a crap load of stuff u can download too not just for 68ks

Jeremy
"I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon" - Pink Floyd

Covert Ops
68k Macs Liberated:16
I love macs, macs love me, lets go blow up some PeeCee's. With a Power surge we'll fry their Circutry.
Go to Top of Page

markymark

223 Posts
Posted - 22 Mar 2002 :  20:25:55

As far as Intel goes I think this is what it uses.

Rhapsody for Intel uses UFS (unix file system) partitions with a few
minor changes.

I think BSD can use UFS without the changes.

It's sort of similar to extfs used on linux but it's not the same.

It's the same disk format as OpenStep for Intel and can be mounted under linux with the mount command using the OpenStep type option.

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.