All Forums
 PowerBook
 Duo & Duo Dock questions
Author Topic  
macdaddy

USA
107 Posts
Posted - 17 Mar 2002 :  18:31:48
Well, it's been a while since I've been on the forums, even to lurk. I've been ridin in a bus and goin to my college's basketball games with the pep band. I had a case of 68KMLA forum withdrawal!

Anyhoo, I just got back to good ol' Valparaiso University this afternoon, and my roommate, as promised before spring break, brough the Duo Dock back from Florida. I have a few Duo questions, since I do not know much about the Duo series. Does the 'Book need to have a charge on it to fire up the whole Duo and Dock unit? The battery is dead right now, and the 'Book won't fire up [my roommate's volt meter shows 3.35 volts DC, and i believe a full charge would be around 12 volts?]. Another question: Does the battery charge up when the Duo is secured into the Dock, and not powered on, or does the unit have to be powered up in order to recharge the 'Book's battery? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

macdaddy
68K Macintosh Liberation Army
68K Macs liberated : 9

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 17 Mar 2002 :  20:02:07
quote:

Well, it's been a while since I've been on the forums, even to lurk. I've been ridin in a bus and goin to my college's basketball games with the pep band. I had a case of 68KMLA forum withdrawal!

welcome back! it should run just fine in a dock or just with the power adapter with no battery installed at all, so fire it up. I think it charges in the dock all the time, but i'd have to dig my manual out to verify that. you might want to download the manual if it's on the hl server.

good luck
jt

Go to Top of Page

macdaddy

USA
107 Posts
Posted - 17 Mar 2002 :  21:53:41
IT'S ALIVE!!! I took out the battery, and hit the powerkey, and the Duo/Dock unit fired up! Now to figure out how to get the battery charged!

macdaddy
Go to Top of Page

macdaddy

USA
107 Posts
Posted - 18 Mar 2002 :  13:11:17
I got it running with the battery in the 'Book, and the battery's charging up! [it has 8.54 volts right now!] Maybe in a few hours I will have the Duo up and running as a laptop instead of the desktop form it's in right now!

macdaddy

Edited by - macdaddy on 18 Mar 2002 13:11:44Go to Top of Page

macdaddy

USA
107 Posts
Posted - 19 Mar 2002 :  00:08:45
Houston we have a problem. Seems as though the battery won't charge up. Here's what it did for me - the battery indicator showed it was charging [little lightning bolt icon on battery icon]. then not too long after, the lightning bolt disappeared, and it was showin that the battery was drained [a lot of white like when it is down, not much black like when it is up]. I removed it from the dock and hit the key on the Duo. the hard drive spun up, the screen lit up, then it ran out of juice and shut off. Perhaps a dud battery? Or could it be that this thing sat for a few months without being used, and the PRAM battery died, and the Power Manager cannot get set?

macdaddy
Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.