alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 15 Mar 2002 :  19:47:34
communique I just received from a maniacal macaholic:

"Just wanted you to know the Trenton Computer Festival will be on May
4th & 5th in Edison NJ -- go figure."

http://www.tcf-nj.org/

From his descriptions there were vendors with pallets of Mac equipment reminiscent of those infamous horror shots of the *shudders* "mac relocation center" in aus. two years ago DuoDock II's were available at such low prices that he brought one back and GAVE it to me!

side trip of highly regarded museum:
http://www.edisonnj.org/menlopark/museum.asp

commuter train service was available between Edison and NYC last time i checked.

jt

AnubisTTP

USA
308 Posts
Posted - 16 Mar 2002 :  07:23:49
There is a similar kind of thing in Ohio that I go to every year called Hamvention. It is May 17-19 this year. It was originally a ham radio convention but in the fifty plus years since they started it it has transformed into a huge electronics flea market. I don't know of any other place where you can buy Mac pluses by the pallet. It is pretty much expected that you will buy so much stuff that you will need a cart to carry it all, and if you forget to bring one, they actually sell them at the gate.

AnubisTTP
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
Macs Liberated:15Go to Top of Page

Tallgeese

USA
523 Posts
Posted - 16 Mar 2002 :  08:16:10

And here I am stuck in Missouri...

Sgt. Tallgeese
Thread Lord of Darkness
Apple II Squad Leader
68k Mac Liberation Army

68k Macs Liberated: 4Go to Top of Page

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 16 Mar 2002 :  09:13:01
quote:

There is a similar kind of thing in Ohio that I go to every year called Hamvention. It is May 17-19 this year. It was originally a ham radio convention but in the fifty plus years since they started it it has transformed into a huge electronics flea market.

i shouldn't hafta google for a link, nubbin!
http://my.erinet.com/~hamvention/

ROAD TRIP!
i'll stop at grizzly industrial to buy a new toy on the way back and it'll be a business trip! i haven't been to the air force museum in over thirty years! B-36 here i come! woo!

jt

=8-}

Go to Top of Page

AnubisTTP

USA
308 Posts
Posted - 16 Mar 2002 :  17:10:38
If you are in the Dayton area, don't forget to check out Mendelsons Outlet. They are based out of a big stripped out factory in the center of town and have over 50,000 square feet of electronics brick-a-brack. Their vintage Mac selection is not that great (I can't stomach paying 75 bucks for a IIsi that has had all the good stuff pulled out of it when that guy at Hamvention will sell me one for 2 bucks just so he dosen't have to haul it home) but they a wall stacked to the ceiling with old oscilliscopes, pallets of those big transformers that are mounted to power lines, and an entire room filled with nothing but row after row of vaccum tubes.

AnubisTTP
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
Macs Liberated:15Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 16 Mar 2002 :  17:16:57
Hmmm...May 17-19 in Dayton...perhaps I'll check that out

Dayton is a ways from the Peoples' Republic of Cleveland Heights, though...

--------------------
Spellcheck/Grammar Bandit and beholder of:
-the Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice™
-the HTML Keyboard of Greater Knowledge™
-Compact Mac Wand of Power with Shocking Flyback Transformer Tip™

--------------------Go to Top of Page

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 16 Mar 2002 :  17:48:07
quote:

If you are in the Dayton area, don't forget to check out Mendelsons Outlet.

i'm gonna try to get there, i went to st. bernards in springfield from first thru sixth grades. i used to love watching all the planes go in and out of wright-patterson! an X-15 was on a flatbed trailer that drove past the playground one day during recess, musta been 64 or 65, that was awesome. a flight of three B-36's passed over my neighborhood when i was playing outside once, we must have been under the flight path for one of the main runways. i'm gettin' excited about making it out there!

jt

Go to Top of Page

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 16 Mar 2002 :  18:43:55
Thanks alcoa! I would not have known about this if you had not told me. I'm definitely going to try to get there when I have time.

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The SaneGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.