All Forums
 General 68kMLA News & Stuff
 daddy why are the 68k forums messin up?
Author Topic  
TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  18:39:15
Well the past like 2 days me and a few other marines and generals are having problems getting on the forums, they just dont load the page and if so they won't load anything else, whats uP!!

Jeremy
"I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon" - Pink Floyd

Covert Ops
68k Macs Liberated:16
I love macs, macs love me, lets go blow up some PeeCee's. With a Power surge we'll fry their Circutry.

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  18:41:51
Hmmm, are you getting time out problems, coz I sometimes am. 75% of the time the forums are really snappy, but sometimes they slow to a crawl...

Maybe the host is getting near their bandwidth limit or something, but it seems to be OK now. (I hope)

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
00014 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  18:50:39
quote:

Hmmm, are you getting time out problems, coz I sometimes am. 75% of the time the forums are really snappy, but sometimes they slow to a crawl...

Maybe the host is getting near their bandwidth limit or something, but it seems to be OK now. (I hope)

quite often in the afternoon (nyc time) the forums go awol. has anyone else noticed any patterns, the last couple of days it's been different . quite often just the heading will load and then stop and i have been getting database error codes again, should we take screen shots of oddities and forward them to someone for troubleshooting?

jt

Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  19:14:12
Try webmaster@literatureclassics.com, when his inbox is inundated with JPEGs he may try to fix the problem...

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
00014 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  19:42:57
quote:

Try webmaster@literatureclassics.com, when his inbox is inundated with JPEGs he may try to fix the problem...

or chuck us out if WE are his problem! might want to have somebody run interference/collect the data and present it in a reasonable fashion, but you're the one with the contacts there.

jt

Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 14 Mar 2002 :  02:34:35
quote:

or chuck us out if WE are his problem! might want to have somebody run interference/collect the data and present it in a reasonable fashion, but you're the one with the contacts there.

I was imagining that these hassles were caused by the server simply having too many requests for forum pages - whether or not they're 68kmla ones, or the literatureclassics ones. Sometimes... tis just busy. I don't quite find it a 75% on/25% off thing... more like 97%/3% for me. I'd rather a server just give an error message from not being able to serve every message, than crash & be down for a day or so - perhaps even going to a set of known-good backups which may lose a few hours of messages.

Perhaps thats just me and my blatant mistrust of anything remotely computer related :D

dana (they're out to get us - wrap your heads in foil...)

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 14 Mar 2002 :  09:01:39
Yesterday I couldn't get to the main page or the active list, but by putting in the direct URL, I was able to edit my post about the Japanese 68k sites. Only, I had to wait several minutes for each subsequent reload/transmit.

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Regular Disappear!Go to Top of Page

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 14 Mar 2002 :  09:05:32
quote:

Yesterday I couldn't get to the main page or the active list, but by putting in the direct URL, I was able to edit my post about the Japanese 68k sites. Only, I had to wait several minutes for each subsequent reload/transmit.

do you mean the complete topic id or right down to the post screen level from your history file?

jt

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 14 Mar 2002 :  10:55:26
The complete topic ID, it was slow, but it worked. I couldn't get into anything else, though. I guess it was because it was so new and the server was still compiling it? I dunno...

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 14 Mar 2002 :  11:15:08
quote:

The complete topic ID, it was slow, but it worked. I couldn't get into anything else, though. I guess it was because it was so new and the server was still compiling it? I dunno...

before you forget them, type out some notes on the circumstances for the debugging effort. maybe if we help run this kind of stuff down, it'll go away faster and we can ingratiate ourselves to the sponsor.

whaddyasay ~coxy?

jt

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 14 Mar 2002 :  11:28:31
Will do!

Tallgeese

USA
523 Posts
Posted - 14 Mar 2002 :  11:32:56

Maybe if we give them flowers to put on the servers, the servers will be happy and more productive. Then we'd all be happy. And everyone loves flower-laden servers. They're prettier than the other kind.

Sgt. Tallgeese
Thread Lord of Darkness
Apple II Squad Leader
68k Mac Liberation Army

68k Macs Liberated: 4Go to Top of Page

Rexzilla

132 Posts
Posted - 14 Mar 2002 :  19:45:45
I have been having problems too getting in. Also having problems with ebay and yahoo. Yahoo's new format sucks. Ebay keeps losing my uploads....oh the trials and tribulations of modern life...

Go to Top of Page

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 14 Mar 2002 :  21:16:08
Sometimes I get a weird error when the forums load, "Micro$oft JET error 69", or something like that. Stupid Windows.

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The SaneGo to Top of Page

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 14 Mar 2002 :  22:08:29
quote:

Sometimes I get a weird error when the forums load, "Micro$oft JET error 69", or something like that. Stupid Windows.

hiya, wonk!
take a screen shot next time, i'd like to compare, i'll snap one next time i can.

jt

Go to Top of Page

raWr

Tuvalu
491 Posts
Posted - 15 Mar 2002 :  10:29:36
umm hi my IE says "Error 500 internal Server Error".

Fleet Covert Ops

Macs liberated: 4-5Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 15 Mar 2002 :  13:00:55
The HTTP 500 means that the server is overloaded and won't let anyone access. It's usually preceeded by at least a half hour of half or partial page loads and/or dead links, though.

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.