All Forums
 Mac II Line
 Smokin' IIfx Liberated!
Author Topic  
alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  14:27:13
i fished the cleanest looking case from a pile of fx's, looks like i liberated a good one, booted right up!

Mac IIfx
20 Mb RAM
3.5 Gig Quantum
Asante-MC3NB 10baseT/ThickNet NIC

Radius-Macintosh Display Card AC - looks like 1152x870x24bit

muahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

tons of software and interesting data from an investment bank!
people should learn to wipe drives. *but not the ones i find!*

had to shell out $30, an' i don't wanna hear about how cheap they on the left coast!

jt

=8-}

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  14:58:35
Allright! Another IIfx-er in the house!!!

Hey, JT, I found some new Japanese Mac Scrounge-Sites, and 'm posting the links in a new thread...keep your eye out!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Regular Disappear!Go to Top of Page

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  15:13:17
quote:

Allright! Another IIfx-er in the house!!!

Hey, JT, I found some new Japanese Mac Scrounge-Sites, and 'm posting the links in a new thread...keep your eye out!

cool, i'll be watchin'.

i think i'm goin' back to grab a couple more fx's, it's a sin to have less than 32Mb in one of these babies! they all have id tags from the same bank, so there are probably a few more 24bit cards and decent sized scsi drives in the pile. too bad they were runnin' office 'n crap like that, bet the graphics department had some BIG SIMMS!

jt

=8-}

Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 14 Mar 2002 :  02:38:57
quote:

i fished the cleanest looking case from a pile of fx's, looks like i liberated a good one, booted right up!
Mac IIfx
20 Mb RAM
3.5 Gig Quantum

Eeeeee colour me jealous - specially with that drive...

Back when I didn't like anything but what-I'd-used-before (not macs :D and was being slowly turned... before even liking LC's... the IIfx looked like a "whoa" machine to me. One day it'd be nice to get a-hold of one and give it something to do. Congrats :D.

dana

Go to Top of Page

Marchie
Chaplain

USA
911 Posts
Posted - 14 Mar 2002 :  11:06:15
I have an Upgraded IIfx...

only 8MB of RAM, and a Toby video, not the Awesome IIfx video card.

Mine has 4 Ethernet cards and works as a router and DNS server, and soon an E-mail server

~Marchie

~Chaplain Marchie

Holder of the Compact Mac -
-Stick of Justice, with Explodeing CRT head

-Wand of Power with Shocking Flyback Transformer Tip
~~"We are all Mad here"~~Go to Top of Page

Tallgeese

USA
523 Posts
Posted - 14 Mar 2002 :  11:27:59

What software are you using to serve?

Sgt. Tallgeese
Thread Lord of Darkness
Apple II Squad Leader
68k Mac Liberation Army

68k Macs Liberated: 4Go to Top of Page

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 14 Mar 2002 :  11:32:39
quote:

I have an Upgraded IIfx...

only 8MB of RAM, and a Toby video, not the Awesome IIfx video card.

Mine has 4 Ethernet cards and works as a router and DNS server, and soon an E-mail server

i was going to go back and liberate two more, want me to grab another one for ya? i think there are four or five left, all with NIC's and bog knows what else inside besides a graphics card of some kind.

jt

p.s. i was thinking about doing a hack with the cases, but i don't know if i'll be able to bring myself to using bootable machines for it. anybody got dead II's a/o something else to trade for working IIfx's, if i end up with several?

Go to Top of Page

Rexzilla

132 Posts
Posted - 14 Mar 2002 :  20:14:39
...I am jealous too :(

...I will struggle on with the SI in the collection....

Go to Top of Page

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 14 Mar 2002 :  21:42:32
quote:

...I am jealous too :(

...I will struggle on with the SI in the collection....

i haven't got one of those yet! they weren't all fx's but i grabbed em anyway, now i've got:

one IIfx (the original), but now w/32 Megs RAM
one IIfx 32/250
one IIfx 20/225
one IIfx doa
one IIx 8/?
one II 5/?

these cases are ugly, so i may hack 'em and save the extra mobos & psu's for spares. i may keep the II as is, it's my first. the IIx and the doa fx are gonna be toast! it's bondo and a graphite or black paint job time! maybe i can add a second and maybe a third story and hack one of my extra duo docks into it for my 2300c along with an fx mobo a/o a 475 mobo, and have three generations of cpu's in one box with a pile of removables. where's the best place to look for a SCSI slot-loading CD-ROM drive and SCSI internal ZIP?

jt

=8-}

jt

Go to Top of Page

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 14 Mar 2002 :  22:01:20
I would looooove one of these, it would make a good A/UX box.
Where did you find them?

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The SaneGo to Top of Page

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 14 Mar 2002 :  22:24:27
quote:

I would looooove one of these, it would make a good A/UX box.
Where did you find them?

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The Sane

argo electronics co. 393 canal st. (job lots & closeouts) just east of sixth ave. (whatever they call it at canal st) they've got a stack of Laserwriter IIg's, but no paper trays, i think i cleaned out all the II's, but they might have one or two somewhere in the back. up front there's a //gs console way up on a shelf and a couple of horribly beat-up looking Q800's (drive bezels missing/cases beat to snot). it's the only place left in NY that's got any interesting junk bin stuff that i know of. there are some very interesting video lens assemblies in a box near the front door for about $12 a pop.

good hunting
jt

Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 15 Mar 2002 :  01:10:17
quote:

quote:

Mac IIfx
20 Mb RAM
3.5 Gig Quantum

Eeeeee colour me jealous - specially with that drive...

WOW OMG same here!

Now, my friend, you need to go back to that place, get the rest of the IIfx left, and take the other 3.5 giggers, and make yourself a RAID.

Then come here and continue to make us jealous with a RAID of 6 3.5 gig SCSI drives.

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 5Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 15 Mar 2002 :  01:30:59
quote:

Then come here and continue to make us jealous with a RAID of 6 3.5 gig SCSI drives.

YES!. and then make him PM... and we can go 'Our PM has a RAID of 3.5gig drives!"

dana

Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 15 Mar 2002 :  05:45:47
quote:

quote:

YES!. and then make him PM... and we can go 'Our PM has a RAID of 3.5gig drives!"

dana

LOL!!!!!!

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 5Go to Top of Page

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 15 Mar 2002 :  06:22:26
quote:

quote:

quote:

dana

LOL!!!!!!

make that a dumb@$$ PM who can't tell the difference between a 350 MB drive and a 3.5GB drive, i musta been more exhausted than i realized to mistake 3 MB free space for 3GB, what kind of has less than 1% of their drive as free space?

i am so bummed, but i've got a freakin stack of assorted full size working Mac II's over a meter tall with a DOA IIfx to add to it and my IIci for garnish! maybe it's time do build an armchair/renderfarm hack, but i'm still bummed.

jt

the pile of old NIC's and interesting graphics cards to go with the one GREAT one helps a little, but i was savoring that drive space.

:-(.. . . .. . ..... .

Edited by - alcoa on 15 Mar 2002 07:19:21Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.