All Forums
 PowerBook
 Battery switch: wha?
Author Topic  
Tallgeese

USA
523 Posts
Posted - 12 Mar 2002 :  21:35:11

There's a little switch on my PB 165 NiCad battery. It's on the inboard side of the battery, is a little less than a centimeter long, and when I flip it to the position it did not come in, it shows a little red dot. What is this? If it's the "make battery work better" switch, I'm gonna be irritated... I don't have the guts to flip it and find out, though.

Sgt. Tallgeese
Thread Lord of Darkness
Apple II Squad Leader
68k Mac Liberation Army

68k Macs Liberated: 4

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 12 Mar 2002 :  22:07:02
quote:

[font=Comic Sans MS]
There's a little switch on my PB 165 NiCad battery. It's on the inboard side of the battery, is a little less than a centimeter long, and when I flip it to the position it did not come in, it shows a little red dot. What is this? If it's the "make battery work better" switch, I'm gonna be irritated... I don't have the guts to flip it and find out, though.

does it look like it does something or like it might be a charged/discharged reminder?

jt

Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  02:12:29
quote:

There's a little switch on my PB 165 NiCad battery. It's on the inboard side of the battery, is a little less than a centimeter long, and when I flip it to the position it did not come in, it shows a little red dot. What is this?

does it look like it does something or like it might be a charged/discharged reminder?
[/quote]

From the video cameras I've used, that sounds exactly what it is - I have 3 batteries for mine, and each has a switch just the same, just to remind silly people like me which of my batteries I've charged and which I've forgotten :D. Considering those video cam batteries take around 2 hours to charge for 45 minutes... it makes a bit of sense cos like, who remembers 6 hours worth of charging.

Oddly the 540c's batteries seem to charge quicker than they run down.

dana (waffling but awake :D

Go to Top of Page

Tallgeese

USA
523 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  07:52:00

Darn. I was hoping that it was the "extend battery life" switch, so I could get more than 20 minutes of extremely light use out of it.

Sgt. Tallgeese
Thread Lord of Darkness
Apple II Squad Leader
68k Mac Liberation Army

68k Macs Liberated: 4Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.