All Forums
 Lounge
 68k in da blood?
Author Topic  
TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 12 Mar 2002 :  21:15:08
My sis calls, that means bla bla to my mom for hours, then my sus says we got a computer and my mom is like what kind? she says a mac, and then I was like!!!! then I pulled the phone from my mom and like asked what kind it is, she says a Quadra 605! OMG! i was like omg! then she said she uses it for email and internet, so then I was like I can get u a sweet Performa 630 with Tv, and vid out and she is ok kool! My sis never lived with me and like we never see each other, so can it run in da family? It may have just skipped my mom'm side

Jeremy
"I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon" - Pink Floyd

Covert Ops
68k Macs Liberated:16
I love macs, macs love me, lets go blow up some PeeCee's. With a Power surge we'll fry their Circutry.

Tallgeese

USA
523 Posts
Posted - 12 Mar 2002 :  21:30:06

You have a bright future ahead of you as a parody writer.

Sgt. Tallgeese
Thread Lord of Darkness
Apple II Squad Leader
68k Mac Liberation Army

68k Macs Liberated: 4Go to Top of Page

TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  00:24:41
Pixar & Steve here I come...

Jeremy
"I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon" - Pink Floyd

Covert Ops
68k Macs Liberated:16
I love macs, macs love me, lets go blow up some PeeCee's. With a Power surge we'll fry their Circutry.
Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  02:46:23
quote:

My sis calls, that means bla bla to my mom for hours, then my sus says we got a computer and my mom is like what kind? she says a mac, and then I was like!!!! then I pulled the phone from my mom and like asked what kind it is, she says a Quadra 605! OMG! i was like omg! then she said she uses it for email and internet, so then I was like I can get u a sweet Performa 630 with Tv, and vid out and she is ok kool! My sis never lived with me and like we never see each other, so can it run in da family? It may have just skipped my mom'm side

It is!

My long lost sister an I (reunited in 1995 or so) both luuuuurve our maccies!. She does design, and I love anything graphical... and both of us are highly allergic to PC's

On the other hand my niece and my little sister use PC's... but we don't talk about them

:)

dana

Go to Top of Page

AnubisTTP

USA
308 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  07:19:55
In my family My brother and his wife have iBooks, my mom has a TiBook, and my dad has an Ibook. Since they are all laptops, they tend to get brought to family get-togethers, and all of my other relitves use PC's. The result: every family get-together ends with a Mac vs PC debate.

AnubisTTP
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
Macs Liberated:15Go to Top of Page

raWr

Tuvalu
491 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  12:04:23
Sadly, I'm finding myself in a PC-only environment. Kinda sucks. My sister got a LC III half a year ago, and she still hasn't turned it on. Sad, really.

Fleet Covert Ops

Macs liberated: 4-5Go to Top of Page

Kady Mae

USA
261 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  21:23:09
Hey, don't knock the PC. I mean, I'm surfing right now on my beloved Ad Astra.

PC's satisfy my need to tinker. Building one from scratch, or stripping one down to the bone and rebuilding it, these are fun things -- like playing with Legos or Tinkertoys, only more expensive.

On the other hand, I am talking about "homebrewed" PCs.

I picked up a Gateway 3100 tower, monitor and keyboard at the university surplus auction a few months back. Gateway has ZERO documentation on this vintage 1997 computer at their site. (Gee ... they don't even stand behind their products for a decade. What does that say?) "Goatboy" is the epitome of a PC "Mystery Box".

He'll be a decent W98/Linux/BeOS/QNX box when I get through with him, but frankly, he represents the kind of design that gave PCs a bad name.

If Apple would ship me a PowerMac G4 in a bunch of little boxes and baggies, I'd be in heaven.

68K's liberated: 0
68Ks adopted to loving homes: 2
PowerMacs adopted: 1Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  21:28:46
quote:

If Apple would ship me a PowerMac G4 in a bunch of little boxes and baggies, I'd be in heaven.

I think I feel a little of the same - every mac I get ends up stripped down to the tiniest parts... brushed clean & polished, then reassembled.

It's not quite a build-my-own thing & there's less mix'n'match, but it keeps me occupied :D.

dana

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.