Lounge
 Yay oz ADSL!
Author Topic  
danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 12 Mar 2002 :  20:34:16
Short story here - my ISP has gone belly-up (no more dingoblue... wauuu!) so I went hunting for one with about the same prices/features, and came across one that's been pretty stable the las few years, and does adsl at decent prices (for here, anyhow :D.

At the moment I'm paying around $60ish a month oz money for the dialup - including the cost of phonecalls... taking into account the lack of phonecall fees for an adsl connection, I figure I can spend around that much on any other connect - and internode.com.au have a couple of decent sounding possibilities around that price. they -claim- to be platform agnostic, and have no probs with multiple machines NAT'd off the one connection. Awesome!. No funky weird download/upload BOTH being charged... and expanding outside the state they started in around a month from now.

The only problem (a minor one really) is needing do buy a dsl modem outright at the start of the service - combined with the $150 setup fee thats around $600ish for a start - but thats nothing a little saving won't get past!.

Anyhows. Since I've whined about oz broadband so much lately, thought I should post something positive :D. Could be one or two other ofyas who could be after the same thing. http://adsl.internode.on.net/ is their adsl info page. It's still not as cheap as some of the overseas stuff, but it looks bearable

dana

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.