Lounge
 Strange Apple Dreams
Author Topic  
cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 12 Mar 2002 :  09:34:20
Last night I dreamt that Apple opened one of their stores in London, England, and I was hired to work there. I made the move to London and started work as an hardware tech. One of the customers, a local Indian woman with a thick accent, brought in her setup for repair. Her system was more bizarre than anything I'd ever seen on Applefritter.

It was an over-size 9600 case with an entire/complete 7100 case transplanted inside it. It had a multitude of video cards, all of which were driving a cluster of at least seven monitors. All of the monitors were 13" or smaller, some were nothing but 9" monochrome, and they were all stacked on top of one another and held together by bolts and brackets.

The reason she'd brought it in was because the 7100 case had become too hot because of a lack of cooling (and the fact that the entire setup was housed in a very enclose deskspace) and all the internal hard drives had overheated and melted. We had to strip the system down and replace all the smoking, charred remains of 3.5" hard drives within and replace them.

Another interesting thing, when I started working there, Apple started selling all manners shwag in all their stores. In fact, they even started their own line of clothes! They were super-simple, just plain white dress shirts and black dress slacks, etc. I bought one of their ties as a collector's item.

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Regular Disappear!

GORDOOM

Canada
208 Posts
Posted - 12 Mar 2002 :  09:40:37
Umm... you're messed up, cine. That's about all I can say on that subject.
(But then again, which one among us is sane, anyway?)

GORDOOM
Commander, Academic Operations Reserve
(University of Toronto, St. George Campus)
total Macs liberated: 14
(as of January 7, 2002)

"...the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."Go to Top of Page

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 12 Mar 2002 :  09:42:05
quote:

Apple started selling all manners shwag in all their stores. In fact, they even started their own line of clothes! They were super-simple, just plain white dress shirts and black dress slacks, etc. I bought one of their ties as a collector's item.

no turtlenecks? maybe it's crosstalk in the wetware from too close a proximity to the alternate cinemo in a slightly better better rev of reality?

jt

*if not . . . . this one better seek help! . . . . . wonders what this alternate ethnic chick tipped the scal . . . . .*

Edited by - alcoa on 12 Mar 2002 09:42:49Go to Top of Page

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 12 Mar 2002 :  09:45:09
quote:

Umm... you're messed up, cine. That's about all I can say on that subject.
(But then again, which one among us is sane, anyway?)

you can count me out!

jt

=8-)

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 12 Mar 2002 :  10:01:53
quote:
no turtlenecks?

That's what I thought was interesting, too. It wasn't like everyone was trying to be like Jobs, it was like the Apple cult had taken off as it's own phenomenon, and it didn't look all that much unlike Donna Karen. Though, with the embroidered white apple logo instead of the DKNY.

P.S. - In case anyone is wondering, I have a history of very highly-detailed, movie-like dreams. Maybe that's why I became (am trying to become?) a filmmaker.

Regular Disappear!

Edited by - cinemafia on 12 Mar 2002 10:04:14Go to Top of Page

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 12 Mar 2002 :  10:10:18
quote:

P.S. - In case anyone is wondering, I have a history of very highly-detailed, movie-like dreams. Maybe that's why I became (am trying to become?) a filmmaker.

if'n ya wasn't a sicko, i pro'ly wouldn'ta hit it off wit'ya, cinemo!

jt

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 12 Mar 2002 :  10:13:33
Tis true, comrade, tis true. Say, wanna stop by the London Apple Store for some tea?

Regular Disappear!

Edited by - cinemafia on 12 Mar 2002 10:34:02Go to Top of Page

raWr

Tuvalu
491 Posts
Posted - 12 Mar 2002 :  10:23:27
we're all insane here.

Fleet Covert Ops

Macs liberated: 4-5Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 12 Mar 2002 :  10:34:24
Hey, I thought it was "we're all mad here"?

Regular Disappear!Go to Top of Page

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 12 Mar 2002 :  19:57:06
You really need some help.
An Apple line of dress clothes would be really cool, though-did the tie have an Apple logo on it?

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The SaneGo to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 12 Mar 2002 :  21:03:31
Imagine wearing that Apple tie to your next business dinner or corporate meeting...

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
00014 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

Rexzilla

132 Posts
Posted - 12 Mar 2002 :  22:33:15
Yes I can see it now an Apple line of clothing in the Apple corporate stores. Half the space would be devoted to black tutlenecks with the white Apple logo emblazened upon them. The other half would be faded jeans actually worn by Steve Jobs. The store would be staffed with arrogant salesmen (they must be french). You would only be allowed to enter the store if you called ahead to make reservations. In the center of the store would be a black kiosk with Apple's latest desktop or er...desklamp. Of course there would be a white sheet over it with the Apple logo. It would be roped off with a security guard ever-present. Anyone approaching it would be tazered as to not reveal it's secrets.
At the back of the story would be the holy of holies. A giant portrait of Jobs. Where the artist signature would be it would say "Property of Microsoft". :)

Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  01:53:58
my strange 68k Mac related dream i had last night? I refuse to comment.

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5

Number of 68ks Liberated: 5Go to Top of Page

TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  02:11:06
i dreamed of nuthin mac but my first love was pregnunt with her bf and i was getting tinkled by this girl I used to like who is hot, and something about WWIII happening because of my bad spelling, few what a dream ehh?

Jeremy
"I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon" - Pink Floyd

Covert Ops
68k Macs Liberated:16
I love macs, macs love me, lets go blow up some PeeCee's. With a Power surge we'll fry their Circutry.
Go to Top of Page

Tallgeese

USA
523 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  08:00:31

Gee, my dreams usually just involve... um, nevermind

Sgt. Tallgeese
Thread Lord of Darkness
Apple II Squad Leader
68k Mac Liberation Army

68k Macs Liberated: 4Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  09:41:32
quote:
though-did the tie have an Apple logo on it?

Not on the front, that would be silly! It did have an Apple logo on the back tag, though. It was sort of a wider version of those white ties that mafiosos used to wear.

Regular Disappear!Go to Top of Page

sosumi
not the MAF mod

USA
129 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  15:11:47
I dreamt about the dogcow recently, it prompted me to make this little
MooV.

sosumi
68k macs liberated:3Go to Top of Page

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  15:17:46
quote:

I dreamt about the dogcow recently, it prompted me to make this little
MooV.

uhhh? . . . . get in line with cine' at the clinic for some help!

jt

p.s. luv it! nice work!

=8-}

Go to Top of Page

sosumi
not the MAF mod

USA
129 Posts
Posted - 14 Mar 2002 :  12:30:21
quote:
uhhh? . . . . get in line with cine' at the clinic for some help!

at the clinic, they call it art therapy

btw, thanks for the compliment

sosumi
68k macs liberated:3Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 13 Apr 2002 :  03:39:52
hmm...i may as well BUMP this one with a weird little number i had last week...

Well, lets take it from the top:

In the dream, we had just gotten back home after going somwhere and spending all day there. Anyway, i go up into my room, and go to turn on my Classic II for a game of Lunar Phantom. Anyway, i notice that i'm down one Mac - my Classic II. I go downstairs to tell my parents that someone's broken in, when i notice in the kitchen, my Classic II sitting on the kitchen sink, face down, with the lid off. I go into the kitchen and inspect it. Apparently, this vandal ran off with the rear cover (why?), and i saw that he had snapped the analog board in 2, and took the bigger part of the board with him, and had smashed the back of the CRT up a bit, although it hadn't yet imploded. After that, i woke up, genuinely glad to see my Classic II where i had it set up and working fine!

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6!!!

QFW68KPB Project SUCCESS!!!!!Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 13 Apr 2002 :  22:53:36
I hate the moment when you come home and realised you left the window open with your precious PowerBook just sitting 5 inches away on your desk... then feeling happy that it hasn't grown 'feets'...

00014 Macs liberatedGo to Top of Page

titok16

USA
116 Posts
Posted - 14 Apr 2002 :  00:02:10
woa!!!

i actually had TWO of those dreams!

in one i was walking around in my neighborhood, and there was a pb 160 on the ground by a telephone pole.....when i turned around, it was gone

then i was at a dump, like a car dump..which ive never been to one before........and i found a blue metallic powerbook 160

woa!!!

Tito
Macs Liberated:
Powerbook 145
Powerbok 150
Powerbook 160
Apple \\c (now dead)Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 14 Apr 2002 :  01:09:35
quote:

I hate the moment when you come home and realised you left the window open with your precious PowerBook just sitting 5 inches away on your desk... then feeling happy that it hasn't grown 'feets'...

00014 Macs liberated

Hehe, my 145B has feeets, but it hasn't figured out how to walk...yet...

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5

dirtjumpwill
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts
Posted - 14 Apr 2002 :  22:52:11
I was just having a dream about two hours ago...A dog with an Apple logo for a head(teeth in the bite-mark!) was chasing me through a swirly, turny tunnel, then I threw a frisbee and it turned into an iBook with a Mercedes logo on it, then the dream went into other areas. Pretty weird...

68k Macs freed from garage captivity: 2...so far!Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 15 Apr 2002 :  04:43:15
I remember one time back in grade 8 i had this dream involving me finding my PowerBook 1400 in a wheelie bin in town somewhere...

Oh, and about the "Apple related" dream i had a few weeks ago, before the Classic II dream, well, maybe we should take this offline... (TiMac, you know what i'm talking about! )

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.