All Forums
 The Website Forum
 Remote Editing?
Author Topic  
Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 11 Mar 2002 :  15:33:49
Now I know this isnt for 'OUR' website, but this is a website forum is it not?
Anyhue, my question is, and sorry if this belongs in 'software' or something, but does anyone know of any program or way you can set up a http server taht u can remote-edit content and files, specifically html. Is this even possible? or am I just hoping too much? Lemme know, thanks.

~The Penguin

|Captain, Intelligence Operations|
There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.
68k.torpedobird.com <-- Hotline Server

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 11 Mar 2002 :  16:29:18
quote:

Now I know this isnt for 'OUR' website, but this is a website forum is it not?
Anyhue, my question is, and sorry if this belongs in 'software' or something, but does anyone know of any program or way you can set up a http server taht u can remote-edit content and files, specifically html. Is this even possible? or am I just hoping too much? Lemme know, thanks.

don't know nuthin 'bout no html r servers r nuthin', but sounds lik the thing timbuktu kin do fer you!

jt: riding the needle on the coherence guage again! yeehaw!

=8-}

Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 11 Mar 2002 :  21:08:19
This is THE website forum, but anyway, to answer your question...

I think the best thing for you to do would be to set up your HTTP server with FTP access as well, and that way when ypou access your server with a simple FTP client you can download, modify and upload files to the server! That's what I do with this place (when I get my account, that is...)

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
00014 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 16 Mar 2002 :  19:55:09
Hmmm. These MIGHT work, but really im trying to se up some sort of 'webshell' for creation of material for some of my 'not so litterate' friends. Any clues? It can even be a telnet shell if need be.

|Captain, Intelligence Operations|
There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.
68k.torpedobird.com <-- Hotline ServerGo to Top of Page

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 16 Mar 2002 :  20:14:45
quote:

Hmmm. These MIGHT work, but really im trying to se up some sort of 'webshell' for creation of material for some of my 'not so litterate' friends. Any clues? It can even be a telnet shell if need be.

there is som VNC software mentioned in a thread on fritter that you might want to look into, i don't know enough about it, maybe the maniac will jump in and tell you if it might be useful or not, but the price is right!

jt

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.