All Forums
 LC / Performa
 Unknown bay in Preforma 550
Author Topic  
AnubisTTP

USA
308 Posts
Posted - 09 Mar 2002 :  07:25:24
Under the back panel of my Preforma 550 there is an odd bay, it looks like a hard drive bay for a 2.5 inch drive, complete with slots for a hard drive sled, but there is no connector at the back of it. Does anyone know what this bay is for, and if anything was ever made for it?

AnubisTTP
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
Macs Liberated:15

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 09 Mar 2002 :  15:29:34
quote:

Under the back panel of my Preforma 550 there is an odd bay, it looks like a hard drive bay for a 2.5 inch drive, complete with slots for a hard drive sled, but there is no connector at the back of it. Does anyone know what this bay is for, and if anything was ever made for it?

that's probably a bay for the tv tuner (am/fm/tv tuner also i would guess, somebody backstop me on this stuff please) and there should be a 26 pin connector on the cable harness to interface with it if it is the same as for the 630, LEM says that the 550 drawer is the same as the CC2 mobo drawer, so it might be different than the 630 cause apple did/does all kinds of things that make no sense whatsoever, but since it's not a psu, there is a chance that it's the same tuner/connector/cable harness as the later machines. (i've been wondering about this, confirmation either way appreciated in advance).

jt

Edited by - alcoa on 09 Mar 2002 15:31:04Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 09 Mar 2002 :  15:33:28
I think i know the one you're talking about. Is this the little slot thingy next to the hard drive bay? I'm not really sure what its for, it could have been a part of a plan for a removable drive or something in the back, but i believe that now it serves no purpose, unless you're smart enough to be able to hack in another plug or something. However, if you're that determined for an internal drive, you may as well shove a drive in there, hook it up to a SCSI ribbon with a Centronics 50 pin connector on it so that you can just plug in an external cable and attach that to the SCSI port on the back of the Mac. If you did this, you could get an old PC power supply, and have it behind the computer, connected to the drive so that it can get power.

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5

Number of 68ks Liberated: 5Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 09 Mar 2002 :  15:35:34
quote:

quote:

that's probably a bay for the tv tuner (am/fm/tv tuner also i would guess, somebody backstop me on this stuff please) and there should be a 26 pin connector on the cable harness to interface with it if it is the same as for the 630, LEM says that the 550 drawer is the same as the CC2 mobo drawer, so it might be different than the 630 cause apple did/does all kinds of things that make no sense whatsoever, but since it's not a psu, there is a chance that it's the same tuner/connector/cable harness as the later machines. (i've been wondering about this, confirmation either way appreciated in advance).

jt

Edited by - alcoa on 09 Mar 2002 15:31:04

alcoa, we must have posted our posts at the same time! I really don't think its for a TV tuner, as if it was it would have been a bit smaller than what it is. Still, if anyone comes up with a good use for it, post here!

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 09 Mar 2002 :  17:06:35
quote:

alcoa, we must have posted our posts at the same time! I really don't think its for a TV tuner, as if it was it would have been a bit smaller than what it is. Still, if anyone comes up with a good use for it, post here!

i don't know, they're pretty close, i think it might be pretty easy to misinterpret.

i've got a tv-tuner card in my hand, it's 2.25"w x .75"h and slides into two plastic tracks high on the SIDES of the opening very near the top, drive sled tracks would normally (hah! apple-normal! LOL) be on the bottom, (i've never heard of a either a bay or a sled for a 2.5" drive, has anyone?) unless apple created yet another sub-standard non-compatible form factor installation configuration for a standardized form factor component. (for a company that has reinvented the wheel so many times, you'd think they might catch onto the concepts of round, and standardized interchangeable replacements)

the only bay beside an HDD bay that i am familiar with is the remote control interface box on the 630.

rail config and measurements of the bay in question, appreciated in advance.

jt

Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 09 Mar 2002 :  20:57:16
next time i see a 575, i am definately ripping off that backdoor (haha) to have a closer look at that bay...

I'll tell you what i come up with...

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5

AnubisTTP

USA
308 Posts
Posted - 10 Mar 2002 :  07:16:38
The bay is 2.8 inches wide, 1 inch high, and four inches deep. The rails are plastic overhangs about 1/8th of an inch above the base and they run the full length of the bay. I figured it could not be a slot for a TV card becuse there is no knockout on the back of the panel for a coaxial connector, and a TV tuner would not be much use without an antenna. In fact there is no knockout at all which is why I compared it to a drive bay

AnubisTTP
Macs Liberated:15Go to Top of Page

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 10 Mar 2002 :  10:25:06
quote:

The bay is 2.8 inches wide, 1 inch high, and four inches deep. The rails are plastic overhangs about 1/8th of an inch above the base and they run the full length of the bay. I figured it could not be a slot for a TV card becuse there is no knockout on the back of the panel for a coaxial connector, and a TV tuner would not be much use without an antenna. In fact there is no knockout at all which is why I compared it to a drive bay

ya got me on this one! the 2.5" drive in my hand measures .65" tall and the drive sleds were about a quarter inch high. the config is not clear to me, are you describing the rails as being for projecting guides on the sides as on a tuner or inset guides running along the bottom as on a drive sled?

jt

Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 10 Mar 2002 :  14:51:00
Anubis: I know what bay you're talking about, and i've wondered what it is as well. Next time i open up an LC575, which should be within a couple of days, i'll carefully inspect that bay, and get back to you on what it is. The service manual says nothing about it. As a matter of fact, i've wondered what it is too, but now i'm just a bit more interested! Either way, i'll get back to you with my findings...

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5

AnubisTTP

USA
308 Posts
Posted - 11 Mar 2002 :  07:40:12
Time for some ASCII art...

<-------------2.8"----------------->
____________________________________ ^
| | |
| | |
| | |
\ / 1" ^
-- -- | |
| | | 0.8"
------------------------------------

From the back the bay looks like this, with the rails being plastic things sticking out about 1/8th of an inch from the sides of the bay, and being about 1/8th of an inch up from the bottom of the bay.

AnubisTTP

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 11 Mar 2002 :  08:56:01
quote:

Time for some ASCII art...

outstanding!

looks like a slightly larger upside down version of the tuner bay!

but there is no breakout to the back panel whatsoever?

is there a mobo connector idc wiring harness like the 630?
if so, is it the same part?
if not are there any unused cable/connector branches tucked away?

only application i can think of for this config would be a hardware MPEG decoder or the like, but the 550 didn't have an av slot to match it with so i/m wondering if they were developing a simpler co-ax composite based lc pds equivalent of the 630 card/dedicated slot architecture and this was an earlier implementation of a shielded box enclosed tuner bay that might have cabled to the pds card? (if there was no provision on the mobo wiring harness)

i haven't really got a freakin' clue! but, i obviously find this kind of speculation entertaining, does anybody else?

jt

=8-}

Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  01:05:51
Well, i just had a closer look at one, and i'm thinking that they might have designed it for some sort of fan, due to the round hole thats there. I'm thinking it would have worked the way that those PCI slot fans work now, like it would take air in via that "bay", and then push it out through the round hole.

Just a thought...

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  02:39:06
quote:

Well, i just had a closer look at one, and i'm thinking that they might have designed it for some sort of fan, due to the round hole thats there. I'm thinking it would have worked the way that those PCI slot fans work now, like it would take air in via that "bay", and then push it out through the round hole.

Here's a reason to add a Quicktake to the 68kmla standard field kit!

dana

Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  03:01:55
quote:

quote:

Here's a reason to add a Quicktake to the 68kmla standard field kit!

dana

Or a grayscale QuickCam and a PowerBook to use it on.

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5

AnubisTTP

USA
308 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  07:12:45
I was thinking, maybe it could be for some sort of TV card. The entire back panel behind the bay comes off, maybe Apple intended to ship a replacement back panel with the tuner card that had a hole for the antenna. On the subject of connectors, I can not see any sort of cable or connector that could be plugged into that bay, but it is possible that there is a plug deep inside the case that I could not see without tearing the entire computer apart.

I have a powershot s20 in my bag of equipment, it is just that taking a picture , cropping it, uploading it, and making a blank webpage to put it on to get around Angelfires image blocking was more effort than I wanted to put forth at the time I made the previous post.

AnubisTTP

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  09:59:37
quote:

I have a powershot s20 in my bag of equipment, it is just that taking a picture , cropping it, uploading it, and making a blank webpage to put it on to get around Angelfires image blocking was more effort than I wanted to put forth at the time I made the previous post.

iDisk iDisk iDisk!

--------------------
Spellcheck/Grammar Bandit and beholder of:
-the Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice™
-the HTML Keyboard of Greater Knowledge™
-Compact Mac Wand of Power with Shocking Flyback Transformer Tip™

--------------------Go to Top of Page

AnubisTTP

USA
308 Posts
Posted - 13 Mar 2002 :  15:28:00
quote:

iDisk iDisk iDisk!

Even though I am using OS 9, Itools will still not let me in, though I tried with several different browsers on three different computers. I am convinced that Apple has a spy camera monitoring my computer setup so they can change the Itools requiements to be whatever I am not using. Either way, I lost all desire to use Itools over the countless days I spent trying to get it to work.

AnubisTTP

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 30 Mar 2002 :  19:23:01
quote:

did anybody ever run this answer down? what was the bay for?

i was looking to find out if it was here where we were discussing:
http://www.micromac.com/products/lc_pws.html
they had it up over at fritter and while i was back-checking here for it i rediscovered this thread so i figured i'd do a revival and post the link here!.

jt

Go to Top of Page

AnubisTTP

USA
308 Posts
Posted - 31 Mar 2002 :  07:23:00
I keep meaning to take apart the 550 and post some pictures of the mystery bay but I have not got around to it.

That LC expander looks pretty cool. With one of those I could cram as many hard drives into my LC III as there are in a G3 tower. Now I will have to add it to my list of things to find on ebay at some future date.

AnubisTTP

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 06 May 2002 :  13:33:20
quote:

I keep meaning to take apart the 550 and post some pictures of the mystery bay but I have not got around to it.

That LC expander looks pretty cool. With one of those I could cram as many hard drives into my LC III as there are in a G3 tower. Now I will have to add it to my list of things to find on ebay at some future date.

<bump>

does the back of the 550 look anything like this?

http://www.thecomputerwarehouse.net/ebaypictures/Photo109.jpg
http://www.thecomputerwarehouse.net/ebaypictures/Photo110.jpg

this is a 5260, but i thought this might be what you were talking about.

i loved the expander box idea when i first saw it in the magazines, i still have the ad for that other one. the link os for one that i don't remember seeing.

jt . .

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 06 May 2002 :  13:59:39
just remembered they had an LC575 and 580 at auction too!

LC575
http://www.thecomputerwarehouse.net/ebaypictures/PHOTO99.jpg
http://www.thecomputerwarehouse.net/ebaypictures/PHOTO100.jpg
http://www.thecomputerwarehouse.net/EBAYPICTURES/PHOTO96.jpg

now wtf is that thing? a video card or vidcap i/o?

LC580
were all 575's upgraded to 601 and did the 601 card drive an external monitor while the 040 mobo drove the internal?

http://www.thecomputerwarehouse.net/ebaypictures/Photo93.jpg
http://www.thecomputerwarehouse.net/ebaypictures/PHOTO94.jpg
http://www.thecomputerwarehouse.net/EBAYPICTURES/PHOTO90.jpg

man, these things make a CC look presentable! the 5xxx case wasn't my cup of tea, but i'm REALLY not impressed with these ugly ducklings. i don't mean to insult anybody's machine, it's all a matter of taste, i'd kinda like one if it had a portrait monitor in it, it's the sponsons on the side for the monitor that kill it for me. i know a lot of folks preferred this to the slab faced 5260 that i just nabbed.

whatever, let me know about the fine points of @$$ end recognition of these puppies. eBay is an interesting source of photographic data, is anybody else saving this stuff? a lot of these details i haven't seen anywhere else.

the backplane shots are the first thing i look for to see if any interesting cards might be tucked into the stuff i look at on eBay. so far i've bought a IIfx and a 5260 just for the "peripherals" inside!

btw, nobody has bid on these machines yet!

jt . .

p.s. would a collection of eBay recognition shots/pointers be good content? i'm not in a hurry to share info like this with anybody but comrades, come to think of it!

p.p.s. forgot the auction links! the 575 and 580 are $63 "buy nows."

575:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2021845348

580:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2021846468

5260: Com Slot 10baseT NIC and Video Card (no tuner)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2021845348

5200: LOADED Road Apple! LC Slot 10baseT NIC, video AND tuner cards!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2021852375

p.p.p.s. i know the last two are PPC boxes but those are great 630 peripherals/cards whatever!

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 06 May 2002 14:15:51Go to Top of Page

AnubisTTP

USA
308 Posts
Posted - 06 May 2002 :  16:37:22
http://homepage.mac.com/anubis/syn/preformaback.JPG

I finally took a picture of the back of the 550, the mystery bay is the big empty hole in the upper right. The second picture is with the back on to show what the rear panel looks like. None of those pictures from Ebay seemed to line up with the actual location of the bay. (Though the one with the video ports or whatever hacked into the air vent would probably be interesting to mess with).

AnubisTTP

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 06 May 2002 :  17:24:12
quote:

None of those pictures from Ebay seemed to line up with the actual location of the bay.

that's gotta be a bay for a tv tuner! anybody got a shot of the @$$ end of a Mac TV?
quote:
(Though the one with the video ports or whatever hacked into the air vent would probably be interesting to mess with).

i'm really curious about that one too! i wonder what that could be!

jt . .

back again, looks like the Mac TV tuner was part of an LC expansion slot card:

http://www.acornworld.net/~jmayrand/mactv.html

i'll bet this was a tuner bay intended for use with a video capture LC slot card package that never shipped. that feature was sorely lacking on the Mac TV and was probably the first thing suggested when users found out that the could capture stills!

it'd be pointless to put VidCap on a SCSI HDD space limited mac. when they designed the last Quadra/first IDE Mac they also built in a slot for the vidcap card so it wouldn't fill the only expansion slot available or tie up the PDS which is on the fast i/o channel while it was in use.

they put in a similar bay for a TV tuner with the same kind of rails and built the interconnect into the mobo connector/wiring harness so the tuner didn't have to be near the card or mounted on it like in the Mac TV.

hows that for a theory?

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 06 May 2002 18:13:10Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 07 May 2002 :  05:52:06
quote:

quote:

None of those pictures from Ebay seemed to line up with the actual location of the bay.

that's gotta be a bay for a tv tuner! anybody got a shot of the @$$ end of a Mac TV?
quote:
(Though the one with the video ports or whatever hacked into the air vent would probably be interesting to mess with).

i'm really curious about that one too! i wonder what that could be!

jt . .

back again, looks like the Mac TV tuner was part of an LC expansion slot card:

http://www.acornworld.net/~jmayrand/mactv.html

i'll bet this was a tuner bay intended for use with a video capture LC slot card package that never shipped. that feature was sorely lacking on the Mac TV and was probably the first thing suggested when users found out that the could capture stills!

it'd be pointless to put VidCap on a SCSI HDD space limited mac. when they designed the last Quadra/first IDE Mac they also built in a slot for the vidcap card so it wouldn't fill the only expansion slot available or tie up the PDS which is on the fast i/o channel while it was in use.

they put in a similar bay for a TV tuner with the same kind of rails and built the interconnect into the mobo connector/wiring harness so the tuner didn't have to be near the card or mounted on it like in the Mac TV.

hows that for a theory?

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 06 May 2002 18:13:10

jt...rather interesting theory you have there. I sure wonder if there's one in a MacTV....

Maybe they could have made the Bay for a TV tuner, but axed the idea at the last minute, kinda like the STB...not sure really.

The TV Tuner in the MacTV could be a normal PDS card, i'm not sure. However, since i'll be blessed if i ever see a Mac TV, let alone rip one apart, you'll probably never see me try this. Anyone here got a MacTV and an LC series machine to try this on?

Not sure if it would really work. There may be some funky chippery on the logic board that the tuner requires. Also, you may need the composite video port. That's soldered on, so you can't remove that.

Oh well, enough waffling for now...

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 10 Aug 2002 :  12:41:51
the LC 580 could accomodate a video card and a TV/FM tuner kit thing... Maybe because thay are using the same case for these 2 machines, they just left the slot there, maybe if you get a 580 mobo and backplane, that is where you add the tuner.

I think

Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 10 Aug 2002 :  16:17:49
quote:

the LC 580 could accomodate a video card and a TV/FM tuner kit thing... Maybe because thay are using the same case for these 2 machines, they just left the slot there, maybe if you get a 580 mobo and backplane, that is where you add the tuner.

I think

No. Firstly, although the 580 can use a TV/FM tuner, they are not using the same case for both Macs. If you look in the posterior of a LC580, you'll see there is no slot to install a TV tuner card. Only a Video System board. Also, although the 575 and 580 both use identical cases, the 580 uses a newer (and less sexy) revision of the case, which has a different mobo slot. What this means, is that unless you rip the slot out of a dead 630 or 580 or something, you can't put a 580 board into a 575 case.

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

FLYINGtoasters
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts
Posted - 13 Aug 2002 :  07:19:25

http://www.apple-history.com/550.html

i don't know if this page could be any help...i don't know a lot about upgrading or expanding macs, but i own a Peforma 550(and some other macs).

FLYINGtoastersGo to Top of Page

Stryder

USA
382 Posts
Posted - 29 Oct 2002 :  11:07:35
I was curious if anyone ever figured this out or if someone with a MacTv might have some insight on this. The whole TvTuner card actually seems plausible. Even though there isn't any knockouts in the back plate, wouldn't it be possible that a replacement back-plate would be available for an upgrade? It's been done all the time with bezels after all.

"One slip and down the hole we fall"

Styder's Community, a neighborhood for all:
http://www22.brinkster.com/originalstryder/db/

Edited by - stryder on 29 Oct 2002 11:08:35Go to Top of Page

shaktiman

United Kingdom
1226 Posts
Posted - 29 Oct 2002 :  11:28:03
There is a belief held that Americans & other various nationalities that speak English(or what they think is English) are more metricised than UK counnterparts.

So y r we all using inches?

I personally cnvisualise 5cm but not 5" so I would appreciate if ppl could put aa metric conversion by the side of the inches meaasurement.

Just imagine for every metric conversion you could have one less
"evilnospacetitle"

shaktiman

Quadra 840av, prettymuchmaxedout8xcd drive,3 monitors 15" & 14" & 14" os 8.1
Powerbook Duo 280c, 12 meg ram, 500 meg hard drive
Performa400(asleepintheattick)Go to Top of Page

Stryder

USA
382 Posts
Posted - 29 Oct 2002 :  13:36:39
quote:

There is a belief held that Americans & other various nationalities that speak English(or what they think is English) are more metricised than UK counnterparts.

I personally cnvisualise 5cm but not 5" so I would appreciate if ppl could put aa metric conversion by the side of the inches meaasurement.

"evilnospacetitle"

shaktiman

Performa400(asleepintheattick)

Maybe because the company was created here? I for one am getting a little tired of hearing your government views here. It takes away from the enjoyment of others. Consider this, Americans (including myself)are a part of this group that has been listening to your complaints and trying to help you. If you want to pitch anti-anything do it somewhere else and not here. EVERYONE deserves to enjoy thier time here, so please stop.

http://www22.brinkster.com/originalstryder/db/Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 29 Oct 2002 :  14:06:34
quote:

[quote]
Don't be castin' any first stones about using proper "English", shakti! Most of the time you're posting a dialect that's no more representative of "the King's English" than mine.
[quote]

"evilnospacetitle"

Nobody has asked for inch/foot equivalents to be posted alongside metric. IMHO, comrades should post in what they are comfortable with, it's hard enough to do fact checking and proofreading without worrying about being UnitInclusive! Many comrades don't even get the computerese units we all have in common correct all the time! :rolleyes:

Just remember that 2.5 cm is pretty close to an inch, if English Unit comrades multiply by 2.5 and the Metric Units divide by 2.5 it's close enough!

5 cm = 2"+- a CH
5"= 12.5 cm +- a few more CH

BTW, CH is a technical term for relative imprecision indicating a near approximation: usually one half of whatever the smallest increment is on whatever ruler is in use. Use of the term indicates you're using an appropriately graduated measuring device and the variance is an amount small enough to ignore for most puposes, but big enough to take a BIG bloody chunk out of your @$$ should it decide to bite!

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAF

edit: I was translating my 25mm=1inch conversion into cm for the sake of argument and forgot the decimel point, I rest my case!

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 29 Oct 2002 14:08:45Go to Top of Page

shaktiman

United Kingdom
1226 Posts
Posted - 30 Oct 2002 :  03:33:05
quote:
quote:

There is a belief held that Americans & other various nationalities that speak English(or what
they think is English) are more metricised than UK counnterparts.

I personally cnvisualise 5cm but not 5" so I would appreciate if ppl could put aa metric
conversion by the side of the inches meaasurement.

"evilnospacetitle"

shaktiman

Performa400(asleepintheattick)

Maybe because the company was created here? I for one am getting a little tired of hearing your
government views here. It takes away from the enjoyment of others. Consider this, Americans
(including myself)are a part of this group that has been listening to your complaints and trying to help
you. If you want to pitch anti-anything do it somewhere else and not here. EVERYONE deserves to
enjoy thier time here, so please stop.

This wasn't intended as a "government view", but I take stryders point about my (as he sees it) anti-american moanings & I shall bear this in mind when posting.

I apologise for "casting first stones", I was bored & am frustrated @ having no 840av & having to "thump "away at my duo's keyboard.

I understand that I am a maladjusted little sod @ times.

This is an apology.

shaktiman

Performa400(asleepintheattick)Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 30 Oct 2002 :  07:46:20
quote:

This is an apology.

Ain't we all!?!!!! nopro, comrade.

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

Marchie
Chaplain

USA
911 Posts
Posted - 30 Oct 2002 :  10:45:45
I can visualize both Metric and English Standard.

I'll try and remember to use both.

Is there anything we need to measure in microns?

I'd do all sorts of things with my QuickTake camera if I could get it to download it's pictures!!! I need to replace the serial port on it without losing the pictures that are in it's chips.

~Marchie

~Chaplain Marchie
Admin of The WonderLAN
~~"We are all Mad here"~~Go to Top of Page

Stryder

USA
382 Posts
Posted - 30 Oct 2002 :  12:07:33
quote:

[This wasn't intended as a "government view", but I take stryders point about my (as he sees it) anti-american moanings & I shall bear this in mind when posting.

I apologise for "casting first stones", I was bored & am frustrated @ having no 840av & having to "thump "away at my duo's keyboard.

This is an apology.

Accepted. I just see this place as an Inter-continental place for all of us mac-lovers to appreciate without individual governmets bringing their problems into it to cause rifts between friends and comrads.

If the 840AV is the source of your problems right now, lets nipit in the bud. List all the Specs that you have on it in it's current condition, list what you want it to become, and the rest of us can help you acheive it from there. One thing we're not lacking in here are people that know what they're doing and are willing to help. That's what it's all about.

http://www22.brinkster.com/originalstryder/db/Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.