All Forums
 Balloon Help
 Bah!
Author Topic  
titok16

USA
116 Posts
Posted - 06 Mar 2002 :  10:59:33
I opened up my WORKING pb 160, and tried an ide drive in place of the scsi one. it didnt work, so i put back my 120 mb drive but now it dont work. it doesnt spin up at all!!!! So, I swapped in an extra 40 mb drive I have, and it spun up, but since it doesnt have an os, it didnt work, but I could hear it spinning (by the way, that rules out the problem being with the scsi cable). Ok, so, the 120 drive doesnt work. why!! what did i do!!!!!! Could somone offer me a large scsi drive? like >100mb
Tito

candyPunk

USA
856 Posts
Posted - 06 Mar 2002 :  18:39:22
You made sure that the connection was absolutely tight, I hope? That's certainly a possibility. Have you tried the 120 meg drive again?

{ candyPunk }
{ Captain of Observation, 68k MLA }
{ 68k Macs liberated: 3}
{ My baby: Q660av }Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 07 Mar 2002 :  03:38:47
umm...dude, you should never use the wrong type of drive on the wrong interface! I hate to deliver bad news, but you may have just screwed your logic board. Use a SCSI drive on a SCSI interface, and an IDE drive on an IDE interface, but never connect one to the other. Doing so may kill either your logic board or drive.

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 5Go to Top of Page

candyPunk

USA
856 Posts
Posted - 07 Mar 2002 :  21:00:26
Woo! Didn't know how dangerous that was! Not that I'd ever try it, as it won't come close to working, but now I'm scared of it too. I guess in most cases it would be pretty tough to get the drive to connect to the wrong kind of cable, but even if you managed, it would be bad times for all involved!

{ candyPunk }
{ Captain of Observation, 68k MLA }
{ 68k Macs liberated: 3}
{ My baby: Q660av }Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.