Lounge
 Echo Park
Author Topic  
cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 05 Mar 2002 :  11:44:48
I mentioned to JT that I took some pics at Echo Park on Sunday, so here they are!

For out-of-towners (or anyone not familiar with L.A. history), Echo Park has always been a sort of little oasis in the middle of the city. If you ever watch the film, Chinatown (which is an awesome flick on its own), there's a great scene where Jack Nicholson takes Diane Ladd out on the lake in a row boat.

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Regular Disappear!

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 05 Mar 2002 :  12:41:20
quote:

I mentioned to JT that I took some pics at Echo Park on Sunday, so here they are!

ty for the cute little kid fix, cine, she's precious.

is the twentieth century ranch backlot still there or has it been paved over by now?

jt

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 05 Mar 2002 :  13:12:07
quote:
is the twentieth century ranch backlot still there or has it been paved over by now?

Nothing's anywhere near the city, anymore. Most of the lots are in Burbank or elsewhere. Lots has changed since Polanski's heyday, but you can still feel the magic floating around if you're perceptive enough...

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Regular Disappear!Go to Top of Page

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 05 Mar 2002 :  13:28:45
quote:

Nothing's anywhere near the city, anymore. Most of the lots are in Burbank or elsewhere. Lots has changed since Polanski's heyday, but you can still feel the magic floating around if you're perceptive enough...

i've got some beautiful shot i took on a tour back around '65 on the same trip where the breakers just about pulled me off malibu beach. i wonder where those prints/negs are? they weren't too bad for an elementary school kid with a hawkeye!

jt

=8-}

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.