All Forums
 Trading Post! (Buy, sell & trade)
 back that thing up!
Author Topic  
noirwest

USA
59 Posts
Posted - 05 Mar 2002 :  03:40:43
Have a micronet 2 gig cartridge drive for sale or trade. Slower than a tax return but very reliable and works as if it were designed to run retrospect. Includes 19 4mm carts, cable and inline terminator. I'd rather trade for 168 pin ram or an interesting card but will take cash if I have to.

Marchie
Chaplain

USA
911 Posts
Posted - 05 Mar 2002 :  15:36:17
Ok...

What kind of cards are you looking for?

Or RAM size?

Let me get this straight...

It's a tape drive, 2 GB capacity, and you provide with it 19 tapes?

Slow as hell, but works great?

I want! Tag my name on it!

~Marchie

~Chaplain Marchie

Holder of the Compact Mac -
-Stick of Justice, with Explodeing CRT head

[i]-Wand of Power with Shocking Flyback Transformer Tip
~~"We are all Mad here"~~Go to Top of Page

noirwest

USA
59 Posts
Posted - 05 Mar 2002 :  21:28:30
Actually there are 20 tapes and the great honkin' scsi cable complete with an inline terminator that comes with it. I'm short on power cables so you'll have to scrounge one up on your own. Now before you get too excited let me point out that this unit is too old to take advantage of compression so it really is a 2 gig device. Wellll, better make that 1.9gigs. I think it's a Sony mechanism and, yeah, you really only want it to come out at night and do what it does.

It looks impressive as all get outs but in today's world really isn't worth all that much. I had originally hoped to swap it for a generic firewire card but that seems a bit steep for the old boy. A good USB card seems fair, though, although if you happened to have an unused firewire card collecting dust....

It's too old to be worth the kind of ram I'm looking for and I have no use for 64meg chips or less now.

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.