Lounge
 Buy Recommendation Issued . . . . .
Author Topic  
Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 04 Mar 2002 :  16:53:25
. . . . the current 20th Anniversary Special Issue (3/12/02) "Technology in America" looks to be another classic. i haven't delved deeply into it as yet, but it loks VERY good. it's only 5.99 U.S. the rest of you will have to to the play money conversions *GRINS - while doing the ugly american bit * it doesn't appear to be quite as breathtaking as the BYTE classics, but the timelines and the ruminations of the editors are excellent. some of you might want to skip one op-ed marginalization of the mac (but it was just one good point made in a very good editorial) dvorak's on the money as usual and even mentions electric pencil, rex! the parallels he draws regarding cycles, paradigm shifts and mordorsoft's role in the current one are worth the cover price alone and i'm not going to spoil it for you!

run out and buy it, if it makes your skin crawl, suck it up and read it anyway, know your enemy!

and this history stuff is really important if you want to be ready for the future.

IMHO, of course,
jt

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 04 Mar 2002 :  16:58:06
I dunno if I'll buy it, but I think I might stop by Barnes and Noble to read it!

I should also see if the CalArts library has a copy...

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Regular Disappear!

Edited by - cinemafia on 04 Mar 2002 16:58:33Go to Top of Page

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 04 Mar 2002 :  17:19:53
quote:

I dunno if I'll buy it, but I think I might stop by Barnes and Noble to read it!

it's too long a read and you'll want it to refer to down the road, trust me!

jt

=8-}

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.