All Forums
 68k Software
 Apple Video Player, Recording VHS's
Author Topic  
TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 02 Mar 2002 :  03:00:05
Ok I want to be able to like record a TV show or like have some clip on my 6300 and record it on to a VCR thats hooked up to the video in/out ports. I saw it done like on a old Performa commercial long time ago, remeber the one where its show and tell and the kid makes a video of his summer on his Performa? But anyway I was just woundering how I would do that. By the way also how would I change the format cause when you record TV or camera it saves always in Simpletext movie format and I would like it in MooV(.mov) format. Is there a application or something that I can do? Thanks

Jeremy
"I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon" - Pink Floyd

Covert Ops
68k Macs Liberated:16
I love macs, macs love me, lets go blow up some PeeCee's. With a Power surge we'll fry their Circutry.

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 02 Mar 2002 :  05:28:40
quote:

By the way also how would I change the format cause when you record TV or camera it saves always in Simpletext movie format and I would like it in MooV(.mov) format. Is there a application or something that I can do? Thanks

the apple TV/Video System came bundled with an Avid VideoShop 2.0 CD, don't know if it'll do what you want, but i'll bet that was the app you saw in the commercial. don't know anything about video out hardware.

jt

Go to Top of Page

Tallgeese

USA
523 Posts
Posted - 02 Mar 2002 :  19:07:43

Um... how does video capture on a 6300 fall under "68k Software"?

Sgt. Tallgeese
Thread Lord of Darkness
Apple II Squad Leader
68k Mac Liberation Army

68k Macs Liberated: 4Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 02 Mar 2002 :  19:22:21
quote:

Um... how does video capture on a 6300 fall under "68k Software"?

it's a quadra 630 with delusions of grandeur and a lobotomy. all the software/hardware involved other than the unfortunate mobo affliction is pure 68k goodness! until a couple of hours ago there was no place for this kind of inquiry, but now we've got a peripherals forum! yay! the questions could have been asked and answered without cpu designation which is pretty much irrelevant in every 630 form factor model except the 6360 (which ROCKS! but not here unless mentioned in passing).

IMHO
jt

Go to Top of Page

Tallgeese

USA
523 Posts
Posted - 02 Mar 2002 :  20:06:08

Well, that answers my question...

Sgt. Tallgeese
Thread Lord of Darkness
Apple II Squad Leader
68k Mac Liberation Army

68k Macs Liberated: 4Go to Top of Page

Flash

Australia
637 Posts
Posted - 02 Mar 2002 :  20:17:50
You can change the file type (SimpleText to Moov) with ResEdit. Launch ResEdit, then from the File menu, select "Get File/Folder Info..." and then choose the SimpleText movie that you want to change. Change the Type to Moov, and the Creator to TVOD. Save changes and you're done! Next time you double-click on the movie, it will open with QuickTime.

68k MLA ParaMedicGo to Top of Page

TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 02 Mar 2002 :  22:27:14
Wow Flashx to the rescue again! Thanks that did it.

Jeremy
"I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon" - Pink Floyd

Covert Ops
68k Macs Liberated:16
I love macs, macs love me, lets go blow up some PeeCee's. With a Power surge we'll fry their Circutry.
Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 03 Mar 2002 :  05:26:56
Hmm, I should start reading more carefully. That's twice now I've missed an end zero.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
00014 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.