All Forums
 Lounge
 The land down under
Author Topic  
mathgeek

USA
113 Posts
Posted - 01 Mar 2002 :  13:34:18
I've noticed that 2 or 3 of the members here are from Australia. To me that seems strange. Not strange that they're from Australia, just strange that they'd be in using these forums, especially since the forum was spawned from the website of an American magazine, MacAddict.

Anyway, I'm glad the Aussies are here. And I was just wondering if any of them had ever eaten a candy called "Jelly Babies". Americans don't know about Jelly Babies because they have something in them that isn't aproved by the FDA and so they're banned from being imported. But I know that Jelly Babies are big in England and Australia. I had them once and they were &#@$! delicious! It must be all the contraband chemicals which makes them so tasty.

g'day mates

mathgeek
68K Macs Liberated: 1

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 01 Mar 2002 :  13:47:58
quote:

And I was just wondering if any of them had ever eaten a candy called "Jelly Babies". Americans don't know about Jelly Babies because they have something in them that isn't aproved by the FDA and so they're banned from being imported. But I know that Jelly Babies are big in England and Australia. I had them once and they were ?@$! delicious! It must be all the contraband chemicals which makes them so tasty.

welcome back mathgeek, long time no post!

they were talking about jellie babies over in unplugged, maybe they made it past the fda. the flavors sound . . . . . interesting.

jt

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 01 Mar 2002 :  13:48:19
Actually, Coxy, who started the 68k MLA site and Forums, is from Australia. In a sense, we are an australian-born organization, even if most of our members are in the US.

Speaking of which, and there are at least 13 Australian members on the forums, so far.

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Regular Disappear!Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 01 Mar 2002 :  14:16:45
quote:

I've noticed that 2 or 3 of the members here are from Australia. To me that seems strange. Not strange that they're from Australia, just strange that they'd be in using these forums, especially since the forum was spawned from the website of an American magazine, MacAddict.

Anyway, I'm glad the Aussies are here. And I was just wondering if any of them had ever eaten a candy called "Jelly Babies". Americans don't know about Jelly Babies because they have something in them that isn't aproved by the FDA and so they're banned from being imported. But I know that Jelly Babies are big in England and Australia. I had them once and they were ?@$! delicious! It must be all the contraband chemicals which makes them so tasty.

g'day mates

mathgeek
68K Macs Liberated: 1

I eat Jelly Babies...they are yum.

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 5Go to Top of Page

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 01 Mar 2002 :  14:18:36
Also, keep in mind that Australians are Apple's second largest customers, right after Japan.

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The SaneGo to Top of Page

Marchie
Chaplain

USA
911 Posts
Posted - 01 Mar 2002 :  16:01:06
I'm in the US, and haven't had Jellie Babies, but I DO wish I could import some candy I HAVE had...

I was in China.

They are kinda like Skittles, except missing the orange flavour.

They contain twice as much sugar as a bag of skittles, in the same quantity, and twice the caffeine as a can of Coca-Cola.

Very viscious.

~Marchie

~Chaplain Marchie

Holder of the Compact Mac -
-Stick of Justice, with Explodeing CRT head

[i]-Wand of Power with Shocking Flyback Transformer Tip
~~"We are all Mad here"~~Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 01 Mar 2002 :  16:37:24
quote:

They contain twice as much sugar as a bag of skittles, in the same quantity, and twice the caffeine as a can of Coca-Cola.

Very viscious.

and wash 'em down with jolt cola?

jt * and i thought i was nuts! =8-) *

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 01 Mar 2002 16:38:05Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 01 Mar 2002 :  16:51:48
Mmm, Jolt!

Actually, I remember back in the early 90's when I was in San Fran I used to get this crazy soda called Brainwash. It literally gave me a hash-like high, if only for ten or fifteen minutes.

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 01 Mar 2002 :  16:56:13
Oh and JT, I think that Unplugged thread is about Jellie Bellies, the brand of jelly beans...

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 01 Mar 2002 :  17:10:01
quote:

Oh and JT, I think that Unplugged thread is about Jellie Bellies, the brand of jelly beans...

gollygeewillikers! you're right! how did i ever get so confused as to have made such a mistake?

i must be losing it! * LOL . . . like i ever freakin' had it! *

jt

=8-}

Go to Top of Page

Rexzilla

132 Posts
Posted - 02 Mar 2002 :  01:56:33
I always knew there was a reason I liked Aussies so much:)

Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 02 Mar 2002 :  05:08:18
quote:

When I was at Uni the IT peoples had 2 breakfasts... it was often beer-on-cornflakes... which is apparently quite yum, but I dunno about downing it at 7:30am... or before exams/studying for exams to keep you kinda high - coke ON skittles...

I did try fanta on skittles. whoa. sweet.

(and yes I've had jelly babies too! yum!)

dana

Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 02 Mar 2002 :  09:13:19
I once downed a whole bag (the big size) of skittles... even better than jelly babies! The strange thing is that I am extremely tolerant of sugar and caffeine - it means I cannot stand sour things like lemons/beer and that coffee/icing sugar has no effect on me! (I'm on two heaped tspoons of instant and 2 of sugar per cup nowadays!)

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
00014 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 02 Mar 2002 :  10:41:30
quote:

The strange thing is that I am extremely tolerant of sugar and caffeine - it means I cannot stand sour things like lemons/beer and that coffee/icing sugar has no effect on me! (I'm on two heaped tspoons of instant and 2 of sugar per cup nowadays!)

sleep much?

jt

Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 02 Mar 2002 :  11:33:19
Not really - however this doesn't change whether I drink coffee or not. (Right now it's 2:37 AM...)

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
00014 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

Tallgeese

USA
523 Posts
Posted - 02 Mar 2002 :  19:41:50

hehehe... thanks to this topic, I dusted off my "Men at Work" LP.

hehe.. vegemite

Sgt. Tallgeese
Thread Lord of Darkness
Apple II Squad Leader
68k Mac Liberation Army

68k Macs Liberated: 4Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 02 Mar 2002 :  20:03:30
quote:

hehehe... thanks to this topic, I dusted off my "Men at Work" LP.
hehe.. vegemite

sandwich! how far would you walk for one?

thanks now i can't get this one (from waaaay back) outta my head:
"tie me kangaroo down sport"

translation, PLEASE!
jt

=8-}

Go to Top of Page

amanda00

USA
71 Posts
Posted - 02 Mar 2002 :  21:32:07
I had Jelly Babies when I was in England. My mom became obsessed with them, and she stocks up whenever we go back.

peace out,
<3 AMANDA <3Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.