Lounge
 Email to TheScreenSavers, 68x Mp3 Players
Author Topic  
TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 01 Mar 2002 :  00:26:47
quote:
Use an old PC as a MP3 player for your home entertainment system.
http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/answerstips/story/0,24330,3374243,00.html

This was a story I just watched on The Screen Savers, I wrote a response on it why there where no macs in the story, heres the email I sent to them....

I am a MacAddict usually and I was woundering why you did not mention old 68x based macs as good cheap mp3 players, which most of the time are even cheaper than buying a PC, a older mac ususally has built in sound on the board which gives good sound, I use my Quadra 610 68040 25Mhz to play mp3's , eBay has old macs for dirt cheap also, you can even have a PowerMacintosh 601e for $2! I just got me a Performa 6300 for $30 after shippin with a TV card, Video ports, modem, ethernet and all at 132Mhz and this is my video editing sytem I use to edit movie with my camcorder from '77! This has just came availible by my friend who programmed application to run Mp3s. I was woundering what the name of the $200 PC that was on the show on Feb. 28th, the one with DVD that was like a mini PC with everything onboard, I wouldn't mind one to use for linux, Rhapsody(mac os), and BeOS. Well thanks hope you can help, good day and thanx for having a great show!

P.S. there are some nice hacks of Mac OS computers at AppleFritter.com, this would be a great story....

This is the link to the Mp3 app for a 68x Mac... http://hyperarchive.lcs.mit.edu/HyperArchive/Archive/gst/snd/mpegdec-20.hqx

Jeremy
"I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon" - Pink Floyd

Covert Ops
68k Macs Liberated:16
I love macs, macs love me, lets go blow up some PeeCee's. With a Power surge we'll fry their Circutry.

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 01 Mar 2002 :  09:44:09
That's cool, it would be nice to get some 68k exposure on TechTV!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Regular Disappear!Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.