The Website Forum
 submit your files here pls
Author Topic  
raWr

Tuvalu
491 Posts
Posted - 27 Feb 2002 :  13:15:30
..to my site. E-mail them etc.

ps it is going to rock all parts of your casbah.

ph33r my Centris 650.

Macs liberated: 4-5

Edited by - raWr on 27 Feb 2002 13:19:05

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 27 Feb 2002 :  17:32:38
C'mon! People aren't exactly lineing up to make content for the official site, show us some of your work on your portal or you won't get many people doing the unofficial content...

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
00014 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 27 Feb 2002 :  19:49:40
I'm so glad people appreciate the blood, sweat and tears that have gone into our current official site. Gee, now if only we had some content...

--------------------
Spellcheck/Grammar Bandit and beholder of:
-the Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice™
-the HTML Keyboard of Greater Knowledge™
-Compact Mac Wand of Power with Shocking Flyback Transformer Tip™

--------------------Go to Top of Page

raWr

Tuvalu
491 Posts
Posted - 01 Mar 2002 :  10:24:10
Fire, I cant finish MY/YOUR/THE 68KMLA site without content.

ph33r my Centris 650.

Macs liberated: 4-5Go to Top of Page

Marchie
Chaplain

USA
911 Posts
Posted - 01 Mar 2002 :  17:10:03
Interesting...

But, your design directly violates basic Good Design Principles for WWW pages, and is incompatible with no/low colour browsing, or browsing at 640x480 or less.

Frames are a big no-no, and yours are made incorrectly. here are some corrections:

1) you haven't closed your

<title>
tag, nor your
<frameset>
tag. not doing so can cause problems, especially on older browsers that would be being used on 68k Macs.

2) your framset is backwards, if you want the welcome at the BOTTOM of the page, and the menu and such above, you should use the following:

<frameset rows="*,15%">
<frame name="menu" src="menu.html" frameborder="no" bgcolor="#006699">
<frame name="welcome" src="welcome.html" frameborder="no" bgcolor="#006699">
</frameset>

Contrariwise, if you want the Welcome at the TOP, and menu below:

<frameset rows="15%,*">
<frame name="menu" src="welcome.html" frameborder="no" bgcolor="#006699">
<frame name="welcome" src="menu.html" frameborder="no" bgcolor="#006699">
</frameset>

Secondly, why are you "recreating" the main site, and posting it somewhere else? To start, I find it offensive and rude. You are doing nothing to help promote the 68kMLA by doing so, and are in fact causeing potential confusion and dilution of our name. Secondly, you have not asked for permission to use the code that has been created for our website, mostly by FireWireisFast, and others. You are thus in violation of any copyright law applicable to said pages.

I, as one of the designated Web Page designers for the 68k Macintosh Liberation Army, do request and demand that you REMOVE your recreated web site, and CEASE AND DESIST the use of the code created by others, or any derivative work you may have created by useing said code.

If you wish to contribute to the 68kMLA website that is hosted at mac.com, please create and submit content. If you have ideas for said site, please provide them. In short: Play Nice.

~Marchie

This thread has been locked, and this post also posted in the following mentioned thread. If you have further comment, go to the "webpage completed" thread in this topic.Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.