68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums
Home | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General 68kMLA News & Stuff
 You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.
Author Topic  
TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 17 Feb 2002 :  13:37:25
I have spent over $30 on our server, givin half my bandwith which is not much, and went through a lot of trouble configuring idems. I do all this out of the thought of my heart to help out you guys and what do I get a stab in the back. So your server is not going to come up until I see my own name under as a Mod, I don't think its a lot speaking that the worst i could ever do it lock every topic in the forum I am moding, or flood the War room but I would not do that. I know some people (you known who you are) talk stuff bout me in the War room, I wish you had the courage to say it too me in the open, I have reached this offer from mainy opinions of 68K MLA members whos name I will not mention. I all I ask for is my name to be under the mod section, in exchange for my money, bandwith, time, and security. Thank You

-----
Jeremy
"I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon" - Pink Floyd

Covert Ops, 68k Macintosh Liberation Army
Macs Liberated:16

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 17 Feb 2002 :  17:16:44
Please get over it - you can't buy your way into being a mod.

--------------------
FireWire is fast
General, 4 star
beholder of the Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice™Go to Top of Page

amanda00

USA
71 Posts
Posted - 17 Feb 2002 :  17:27:23
Jeremy, why do you want to be a mod so badly?? Is it just so that you can say that you're a mod?? That's kind of low. Fire man is right; you can't buy your way to being a mod--not with $30 anyways. Maybe $30 million...

peace out,
<3 AMANDA <3Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 17 Feb 2002 :  17:29:41
quote:

Fire man is right; you can't buy your way to being a mod--not with $30 anyways. Maybe $30 million...

Dang, I just cleaned out my top drawer and found $42 in change. Of course that's australian dollars, which is about 7c US.

dana

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 17 Feb 2002 :  17:46:33
quote:

quote:

Fire man is right; you can't buy your way to being a mod--not with $30 anyways. Maybe $30 million...

Dang, I just cleaned out my top drawer and found $42 in change. Of course that's australian dollars, which is about 7c US.

's okay, don'think fw's too good with numbers . . . . . or was that cine'? . . . . . . . dunno, somebody got confused re exchg rates, my prob is timezones/sleep/coherence/cycles, better not go by me, jus'go get ice-cream, if bribes worked, bill gates woulda bought himself into human race by now, ice-cream a better investment fun-wise, anyhoo, so use newfound wealth for love handle project!

jt

Go to Top of Page

TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 17 Feb 2002 :  19:17:35
No one has answered my question yet why can't I be a mod, I want reasons, I know its cause no one wants me to because i have more than half the army behind me, is that one or two high mods dont want me to?hmmmm

-----
Jeremy

Macs Liberated:16Go to Top of Page

amanda00

USA
71 Posts
Posted - 17 Feb 2002 :  19:35:07
You didn't answer my question--why do you want to be a mod so badly?

peace out,
<3 AMANDA <3Go to Top of Page

MacMoose

USA
176 Posts
Posted - 17 Feb 2002 :  20:17:42
As a long time lurker, and infrequent poster, I would have to say that anyone who begs so hard to be a mod, doesn't really need to be one.

To me, it seems Jeremy wants the imaginary power that comes with a mod-ship. A new moderator needs to be drawn from the herd carefully, as a careless moderator can cause irreparable(sp?) damage to these fledgling forums. I love this place; I don't want to see it go downhill with petty whining.

Drop it Jeremy. If being a moderator is worth that much to you, then it will be worth waiting for.

------------------
MacMoose
Medical Spec., 68k MLA
Total 68K Macs liberated: 9 and counting
------------------
Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 17 Feb 2002 :  20:58:44
The hacks and Newton forums now have a mod: "SuperMod", an account which all mods can log onto if regulation is needed.

Now please stop bitching, Ti.

--------------------
FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 17 Feb 2002 :  23:23:03
Ok I want to be one for the small benifiets, I am not trying to buy any mod spot, I just think what I have done so far is well worth, its not a power thing, Id like to hear from ~Coxy about this since he is general of forums not Firewire, for everything else to respong to a post from Firewire in another forum not to get roddy but its american I can put general wherever I want, I'm free to speech and I should and will change that to Webserver general which I am, and I will still put up the server not for the sake of us but for the person who just bought a Powerbook 520 with bad batteries and needs EMMpathy or a chile who wants to get their SE on the internet, thats what my motivation for the server is, thanks to all my friends here and im not soon to be leaving this great company.

-----
Jeremy

Flash

Australia
637 Posts
Posted - 18 Feb 2002 :  00:36:24
One of the most satisfying things for me is to create a tool (whatever that may be) and know that people are using it. Take my Mac Page for example, every time my web counter ticks over another number, I get a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that someone has visited my page and (hopefully) found it useful (on the other hand they could click in and think "what is this POS" and click out again...but I digress)

I suggest that you use your server to give you warm fuzzies. Who cares about being a Mod? Being a WebMaster is much better And seeing as you can have as much 'web space' as you like, you could create one hell of a mac info/software site! I'm sure that once you got it up and running, you would get many visitors from 'round here.

And another thing, if you want to help SE users, and 520 owners with bad batteries - you still can! You don't need to be a mod to be a caring sharing part of this Mac community.

caring? sharing? what the hell has just come over me!

Flash!

68k MLA ParaMedicGo to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 18 Feb 2002 :  01:03:02
quote:

Take my Mac Page for example

Oh, by the way Flash, I added that page to the links section of the 68k MLA website (finally )

--------------------
FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

raWr

Tuvalu
491 Posts
Posted - 18 Feb 2002 :  01:13:55
Just give him a custom title of his choosing.

ph33r my Centris 650.

Macs liberated: 4-5Go to Top of Page

Flash

Australia
637 Posts
Posted - 18 Feb 2002 :  01:28:49
quote:

Oh, by the way Flash, I added that page to the links section of the 68k MLA website (finally )

Woohoo! thanks!

quote:

Just give him a custom title of his choosing.

that would be: 'His fuzziness'

just kidding ParaMedic would be fine.....actually all I want is to be able to put ! after my name, as in Flash!

*sits back and waits for web counter to click over.... woohoo!*

TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 18 Feb 2002 :  01:47:16
OMG Flash you are the bomb, you just made my day, and your site rocks, you knew just what I was talking bout when I said fuzziness. Thanks soo much you have a great day and if u need ANYTHING you ask me!

-----
Jeremy

Flash

Australia
637 Posts
Posted - 18 Feb 2002 :  02:38:40
oooh, now I'm feeling 'super fuzzy!'

heh heh, glad you're feeling better Ti.

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 20 Feb 2002 :  06:45:41
Is your webserver actually up yet? What's up there? You do know that EMMpathy and stuff are already on the Hotline server, although a HTTP server is always good.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
68k Macintosh Liberation Army (now with forums!)
00013 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.