PLS!

ph33r my Centris 650.

Macs liberated: 4-5

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 16 Feb 2002 :  17:31:29
Umm, as far as i know, the only people who can have their own custom titles are moderators, although if you email ~Coxy, you may be lucky and he may change your title.

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 5Go to Top of Page

TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 16 Feb 2002 :  19:31:45
I don't know, I think that mods get too many goodies, for those who have been here for a long time should have some benifiets I know I would be super happy about having my own title. About me being a Mod I well as post instead of making a new thread, I see it that im soon to be hosting our ftp http server and I dont think it is much to ask for one mod spot, for some they are all for it and some people who hate me here dont.

Jeremy

"I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon"
Pink Floyd

Covert Ops
HaCks General
Macs Liberated:16Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 16 Feb 2002 :  21:16:55
raWr:
We already went over the title thing a while back...Basically the moderators are special so we get to have special titles The only exception is for sosumi (a non-mod) so people won't confuse him with the MacAddict forums moderator by the same name

Ti:
Please stop begging to be a mod. And about that "HaCKs General" bit in your sig...may I point you to an excerpt from the 68k MLA's FAQ: "Note: titles such as "General" or "Fleet Commander" are only conferred upon enduring and valued members for long and faithful service"

enough said.

--------------------
FireWire is fast
General, 4 star
beholder of the Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice™Go to Top of Page

raWr

Tuvalu
491 Posts
Posted - 17 Feb 2002 :  13:53:06
Pls excuse me if any of this sound hostile, I assure you it's not:

basically, what you're telling us is that because you're a mod, you can have custom titles. What can the rest of us get, then? We're all Mac zealots; we're united; brothers-in-arms, if you will. Wouldn't it be fair if we got to have custom titles, too?

C'mon, what would it take you to get me a custom title, 20 seconds? C'MON!

ph33r my Centris 650.

Macs liberated: 4-5Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 17 Feb 2002 :  14:25:57
quote:

Pls excuse me if any of this sound hostile, I assure you it's not:

basically, what you're telling us is that because you're a mod, you can have custom titles. What can the rest of us get, then? We're all Mac zealots; we're united; brothers-in-arms, if you will. Wouldn't it be fair if we got to have custom titles, too?

C'mon, what would it take you to get me a custom title, 20 seconds? C'MON!

doesn't sound hostile to me, sounds like frustration of groundpounder who will need to do extraordinary deeds to get equivalent of medal of honor/croix du guerre/knighthood etc.

my humble suggestion would be for the institution of some of the intermediate levels of military decorations. bronze/silver stars distinguished service medals, navy crosses etc. ain't too shabby either. codification of military chain of command ranks might help fill the void between raw recruit and general or field marshal.

just food for thought, seems like much to do about not nearly enough to REALLY matter, but far more than nothing, IMHO

one of the worst failings to which i attribute the downfall of nymug was the failure to continue recognition of the importance of the efforts of volunteers. in my estimation, discontinuing the volunteer awards banquet was probably a very important contributing factor to the self-destruction of that organization. the laser toner on those silly little sheets of paper meant a lot to many people, myself included, i urge the founders of this organization and the anxious volunteers to set aside their frustrations and think things over, let's not self-destruct by bickering.

end of sermon, let's have some fun gang!
it's playtime!
jt
=8-}

Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 17 Feb 2002 :  14:31:23
quote:

quote:

What can the rest of us get, then? We're all Mac zealots; we're united; brothers-in-arms, if you will.

volunteers to set aside their frustrations and think things over, let's not self-destruct by bickering.
end of sermon, let's have some fun gang!

Aieee indeed!

the rest of us get the same as the mods get, when it comes to the whole reason of the forum. We can cheer and praise our beloved little boxies, rant about them all we like, ask the questions to fix the problems we're having, share the fun bits, crap bits, the stories of macs we missed and the ones we snatched away from a life as a boat anchor or landfill... and we get to advocate them. That's what we're here for. Everything else is just meta

dana

Go to Top of Page

raWr

Tuvalu
491 Posts
Posted - 18 Feb 2002 :  01:12:05
I just got a star!

ph33r my Centris 650.

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 18 Feb 2002 :  08:21:57
quote:

I just got a star!

congratulations, comrade!
jt

Go to Top of Page

Marchie
Chaplain

USA
911 Posts
Posted - 19 Feb 2002 :  16:35:33
Ok, here's my comment on the custom titles.

the Mods get them not because they are mods, but because ~Coxy has to actually set them up himself, and he is willing to do that for the mods. ~Coxy had the in with the literatureClassics.com people and brought these forums up for us, so if you want to appeal to have your title changed it totally his choice, not that of the existing Mods.

I'm hoping that we can eventually have our own forums somewhere where we could each change those titles ourselves. Even ~Coxy is constrained by what the Literatureclassics.com hosts will allow him to do.

End result: don't complain here, beg ~Coxy personally via his e-mail.

My Suggestion: Beg, alot! :-)

~Marchie

~Chaplain Marchie
Holder of the Compact Mac Stick of Justice, with Explodeing CRT head

~~"We are all Mad here."~~Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 19 Feb 2002 :  17:05:44
Custom titles would certainly offer a more personalized experience, and this is a small enough forum to have it not be abused or get out of hand. I don't think it's that big a deal, and just so everyone knows, the mods are discussing it and other things so just sit tight. Coxy does have the final say, though!

666th poster to the
68K Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Visit my site!Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 20 Feb 2002 :  06:34:11
One little thing: in the not too distant future, I'd like to implement a ranking scheme for members, let us know about a great liberation and you may go up a rank; or you may go up just for your good manner and the help you give to others online...

THEN, people would have custom titles (Private, Colonel, Commander, General, etc.)

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
68k Macintosh Liberation Army (now with forums!)
00013 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 20 Feb 2002 :  09:53:16
quote:

let us know about a great liberation and you may go up a rank; or you may go up just for your good manner and the help you give to others online...

Does scoring a 6300, Q610 and a *fingers crossed* couple of ex-graphic-house 950's with 4Mb video cards count?

muahahahah!

dana

Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 20 Feb 2002 :  14:13:57
quote:

Does scoring a 6300, Q610 and a *fingers crossed* couple of ex-graphic-house 950's with 4Mb video cards count?

If you forget about that 6300 (bleh! bleh!)...

--------------------
Spellcheck/Grammar Bandit and beholder of:
-the Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice™
-the HTML Keyboard of Greater Knowledge™
-Compact Mac Wand of Power with Shocking Flyback Transformer Tip™

--------------------Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 20 Feb 2002 :  14:18:44
quote:

If you forget about that 6300 (bleh! bleh!)...

But... it can be upgraded to a Quadra 630 with a small motherboard swap! huh? that count does it does it huh?

are we there yet?

dana

Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 20 Feb 2002 :  17:58:05
quote:

But... it can be upgraded to a Quadra 630 with a small motherboard swap!

Hehe...witty.

--------------------
Spellcheck/Grammar Bandit and beholder of:
-the Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice™
-the HTML Keyboard of Greater Knowledge™
-Compact Mac Wand of Power with Shocking Flyback Transformer Tip™

--------------------Go to Top of Page

raWr

Tuvalu
491 Posts
Posted - 27 Feb 2002 :  13:36:19
quote:

THEN, people would have custom titles (Private, Colonel, Commander, General, etc.)

Please explain to me why you think those are custom titles.

ph33r my Centris 650.

~Coxy

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 27 Feb 2002 :  17:15:45
Because they are customised for the person's rank instead of 'New Member' etc...

00014 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 27 Feb 2002 :  20:08:06
Maybe giving people the option of having truly customized titles that they can make themselves would eliminate the incentive for people to post redundant/stupid things just to build up their titles.

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The SaneGo to Top of Page

~Coxy

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 27 Feb 2002 :  21:03:46
The problem is that only Administrators can change titles, there is no option in the forum software (or any forum software I know of) to create your own titles. If we do it for one person, we have to do it for everyone, and when we have 5000+ members (some day!) we'll regret it.

Anyway, I think the ranking scheme will be part of some administrative changes over the next few months.

00014 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

raWr

Tuvalu
491 Posts
Posted - 28 Feb 2002 :  10:08:12
make a php forum, then! we have server space, right?

ph33r my Centris 650.

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.