All Forums
 68k Conquests
 A psychic Color Classic
Author Topic  
redrouteone

USA
226 Posts
Posted - 26 Dec 2003 :  14:32:23
Now this is getting scary. I went into town to make my truck payment today. The whole time I was contemplating going by the local Apple Reseller. I started driving home and I just had to turn around a go back. Something just told me that I had to go there. So I turn around and go there. Lo and behold there is a Color Classic sitting there in a pile of stuff. He had just got the stuff in and he let me have it for $10.

The scary thing is that this is the second time that this has happened. The last time I liberated a B&W G3, which he though had a dead logic board and was being parted out. This one was bound to be put on eBay or to be hacked. Both are a equally bad fate as the eBay route would lead to it being hacked.

It is just funny how these machines seem to draw me to them.

--Eric

Edited by - redrouteone on 26 Dec 2003 14:52:42

MacTO

Canada
60 Posts
Posted - 26 Dec 2003 :  16:21:37
Nice find. Now if only the G3 mainboard was small enough to fit inside the Colour Classic!

Go to Top of Page

Derekcat

USA
342 Posts
Posted - 27 Dec 2003 :  05:14:45
Mummm… Color compact Mac…

*need B/W G3…* [Stupid Money, I need a job!]

Cool Anyway ^_^ [Please tell me if your psychic Powaz tingle in the direction of Tualatin Oregon ]

If I open my window all the bugs will get in…That's just one more reason to use a Mac!
Mac Portable
LC ||
SE/30
||si
||ci
Quadras: 660av, 950
PMs: 6100/G3/233, 6214CD, 5400/120, 7100/80av, 9500/G3/300
PB 5300ce
SuperMac C600 180, 240Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 28 Dec 2003 :  15:15:31
Nice find!

"**** em" - Jobs in regards to customers
Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

Official 68kMLA Detective
Number of 68ks Liberated: 7
Number of Contraband (PPC) Liberated from the Dumpster: 1Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 28 Dec 2003 :  15:23:56
lol, I wish that i were as lucky as you, as far as liberating goes My psychic "powaz" always lead me to finding the thing that are impossible to fix, and irreparably broken, like the 6200 that I used to kill my 840av, and that ColorStyleWriter 2200 that I got the wrong power adaptor for (someone who bought a CSW2500 now, is going to miss out...)

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"Go to Top of Page

redrouteone

USA
226 Posts
Posted - 28 Dec 2003 :  15:38:49
Oh I have liberated many things that are broken. Fortunately I have been able to revive many of the things that were borked. The guy that I got the G3 and CC from also gave me a borked 17" Studio display. I found the part for it on eBay for $15 today and I hope to get it next week.

Though I got some things are not fixable. Like my 840av. It had a bad power supply and MB.

Cory depending on PAF you may consider putting up signs says that you want old and broken computers. You may even be able to make a few dollars by reselling the stuff you fix. If nothing else you'll have a marketable skill for when you start looking for a job.

--Eric

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 28 Dec 2003 :  19:14:09
LOL, amazingly enough, PAF used to be very flexible for bringing old computers, but as of late, we have less space in our house and junk. (After moving from living in WA and OR to just one house in AZ)

From somewhere supposedly if I actually act on it, maybe there's like, a rev. A iMac and a nice monitor for the 7300 in kingman, but I haven't gotten to it yet

Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"Go to Top of Page

redrouteone

USA
226 Posts
Posted - 29 Dec 2003 :  00:00:00
Ohh both nice boxes. I say damn the PAF full speed ahead.

--Eric

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 29 Dec 2003 :  01:14:09
I actually own both, a 7300 and a rev. A iMac, but the iMac is with grandpa and the 7300 is without monitor, as it's went with the 6500 to a friend in WA.

I'll try to get the audiovision out tomorrow, but when I try, I sleep, so it probably won't happen

Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.