All Forums
 PowerBook
 What is it like in Australia
Author Topic  
redrouteone

USA
226 Posts
Posted - 19 Dec 2003 :  21:32:35
After I finish college in a few years I plan on moving some where. The more I think about it leaving the US sounds better and better. The main reason for this is business. Big business pretty much controls the government any more. Business does not care about people. A great example of this resent RIAA lawsuits and moving of a lot of tech jobs to India. Seeing as how I am studying to become an Electrical Engineer this worries me greatly.

The main things I am looking for is a government still ran by the people, that encourages jobs to stay in the country, and is not hell bent on ruling the world.

From by brief observations Australia seems to be the only level headed country left.

--Eric
--edit Oops posted in wrong forum. Could I get a mod to you know.

Edited by - redrouteone on 19 Dec 2003 21:35:14

Flash

Australia
637 Posts
Posted - 22 Dec 2003 :  01:08:04
New Zealand is better - they have a tendancy to stand up for themselves rather than follow the leader. For example: it's a nuclear free zone and not even nuke powered ships can enter our waters and we didn't send any troops to the latest Saddam fight. on the other hand I do live in Australia (have done for many years - there's more work in my industry here) and the place hasn't treated me too bad at all.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

68k ParaMedic

Edited by - Flash on 22 Dec 2003 01:09:25Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 22 Dec 2003 :  03:26:28
I agree with Flash. However,I hate to be the nitpicker, but i believe you posted this in the wrong forum,mate!

"**** em" - Jobs in regards to customers
Warrior maclover5
68kMLA

Official 68kMLA Detective
Number of 68ks Liberated: 7
Number of Contraband (PPC) Liberated from the Dumpster: 1Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 22 Dec 2003 :  10:46:54
Because 68k PowerBooks have *everything* to do with Australia

If you were to be finding out about China or Germany or something, it would have gone in the Quadras section

Yeah, business is like that all around the world, wherever you go, there'll probably be some kind of big business controlling everything. Either that, or a religious group, or vampires!

That having been said, I would love to go to those parts of Europe like Romania and junk where vampires are prevalant Or one of those countries from the spams where they beg you to help them with their bank accounts

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.