68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums
Home | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 68k Peripherals
 MacRecorder Software and/or info, anyone?
Author Topic  
AusNick
Starting Member

Australia
14 Posts
Posted - 11 Dec 2003 :  07:54:23
I scored a MacRecorder at the December AUSOM meeting, no software or manuals though.

I know it's a bit of a collector's item, and I'd love to know what this little box can actually do.

The only MacRecorder item I'v managed to track down is the MacRecorder driver version 1.0.3, does anyone know if I need anything else.

Any info at all is much welcome.

BTW, if anyone wants a pic in case you haven't seen one before, let me know. :-)

TIA,
AusNick

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 12 Dec 2003 :  13:14:21
I take it you did this?

http://www.google.com/mac?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=macrecorder

The last hit on page 3 looked interesting:

http://www.macworld.com/2000/08/features/make_noise/

I was looking to see which of the old sound apps I was using on the DuoBoomBoxDock stereo testbed. I'm pretty sure it was MacRecorder/SoundEdit Pro mentioned in one of the hits. Google: "SoundEdit Pro" for a start. IIRC, there might have been more current direct driver support in that package, and it'sreadily available online.

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 13 Dec 2003 :  10:18:57
I've seen it in a book that I have, about macs (published in 1993) Is this, the one where it's about the size of a mouse, and then it expands, or is this the one that's huge to begin with?

I'm sure that either way, some of our compact mac-heads, and audiophreaks could have some real fun with that thing I, myself wouldn't have much of a use for it, but it's still coolness

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"Go to Top of Page

MacTO

Canada
60 Posts
Posted - 22 Dec 2003 :  23:34:07
quote:

I scored a MacRecorder at the December AUSOM meeting, no software or manuals though.

I have two MacRecorder disks and a demo which was bundled with it. I don't know what version it is, but it comes on 800 kB diskettes. If you want them, just say so.

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 26 Dec 2003 :  20:07:33
I thought I had one somewhere in a box around here, I ran across it again the other day. IIRC, there was a manual but no diskettes along with it in the original packaging, but I'd forgotten all about this thread and put it away. I'll try to dig it out again.

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.