PowerBook
 170 external monitor adaptor
Author Topic  
ElBaroni
Starting Member

Australia
14 Posts
Posted - 27 Nov 2003 :  01:09:23
Here's a funky question. I have no details about the adaptor itself - it replaces the left extremity of the screen hinge assembly with a mac monitor port, with black, red, white, yellow, blue and green wires going to the J3 series of solder points on the memory daughtercard. At some point in the past (it was *not* me!) the wires have come disconnected from their plug. Does anyone know how to repair this?

Looking from above with the port facing away from me, the green yellow and white wires are on the right hand side, from top to bottom.

Help?

My 128k broke, my 512k had beer poured in the top of it, and my 512ke blew up. I'm resorting to an SE/30. To go along with my PB170, LC, LC II, LC 575, IIci (A/UX). And so on and so forth.

pbcollector
Starting Member

USA
25 Posts
Posted - 27 Nov 2003 :  13:10:14
I've seen PB170s with that hinge-external-video adapter added in from time-to-time on sale at eBay. It's too bad the wires came off the logic side because it'd be tough to guess where the wires might go. You probably guessed this already, but the colors of the wires seem to indicate corresponsing video signals (RGB), shared ground (black), and sync(white & yellow, got to figure out which one is horizontal or vertical). You might try searching the web for the P/N of the chip the wires used to be connected to. You might get lucky.

I take apart every PowerBook that I liberate, so if I run across this adapter in the future, I'll try to share with you what I find.

----
Liberated Portables & Powerbooks:
M5120 M5126 M1506 M5409 M4990 M7940 M7777(2) M4880(2)
Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.